Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

eBay: Further Kahuna survival exercises..Real Maori club

Pages: 1 11 replies

I just landed a job as a bellman/pbx operator at a local 5-star hotel, so depending on how the tips are and what else I can drum up I may soon be back in the swing of things....and perhaps I can even enjoy a hobby or two once again (carving especially!). Not the job I was hoping for, but right now a job's a job. In the mean time, I have one more vicious battery of bills to pay and zero moolah to pay'em, so I offer my brethren this: An authentic Maori Patu from my collection. This is the real thing, early 20th century, and not a tourist jobbie: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=3925910233&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT And by the way, thanks for the hope, my ohana. I know I haven't been around here much but I want to again. It's been the toughest year of my life. I'll be back and doing right by this community again soon.

Yo BK' as far as we are concerned, you can do no wrong! Way to hang in there and stay strong.

Your bud D
call me if you want to shoot the breeze

K

BK,

We are re-opening the YDC in Augusta if you are interested in something there.

Scotty

H

That's a real beauty, BK, I'm sorry you have to part with it. That has to be a rather rate item, I hope you're able to get top dollar for it. I hope your annus horribilis passes quickly, and that there is a better life for you on the other side. The healing powers of the Mai Kai and Hukilau will surely help, and I look forward to seeing you there. Hang in there.

(For anyone who's especially new around here, Basement Kahuna is a one-two punch: incredibly passionate about both authentic and idealized Oceanic Art, AND a natural talent at carving. When he's got more time to post, he's a force to be reckoned with. :wink:)

O

Hey BK, that is a nice peice, wish i had the funds for it, sorry you have to sell it.

As others have said a jobs a job.

lips moving fastly: "every journy master, no matter how long must start with one step
this is just your first step keep going the journey isn't over."

don't worry about how much time you'v spent on the site latly your still the chisel master, and big time poster. your just letting others catch up in the post count :wink:

BK, This isn't an empty platitude, as I was in a similar position 2 years ago. Hang in there, the early days are the darkest but it HONESTLY gets better and better.

Good luck getting mega tips.

Mahalo

Thanks, guys ands gals....The encouragement means a lot.

Hang in there BK, things will get better for you. I look forward to meeting you at Hukilau as well, a much needed break for you to enjoy what you love at the Mai Kai.

T

[ Edited by: TNTiki on 2004-11-06 17:14 ]

BK, I'm new here but have seen some of your work in other threads and you have a real talent for carving. You have a really good attitude about your situation, but I've been where you are 3 times when I got laid off and had to find any kind of work to pay the bills for the time being (one time making less than a third of what I was used to). I can remember having to sell off a beautiful Gibson ES 335 guitar for less than half of its real value in order to get fast rent money. It was no fun, but every single time I ended up with a better job then the one I lost... eventually. Just keep the faith and remember, you can never lose your talent!

[ Edited by: Urban Tiki on 2004-08-20 13:36 ]

BK, what doesn't kill you makes you stronger, plus you've got the Tiki Central population behind you. Good luck with the auction.

Now just make sure you don't come back like that Russian Billionaire who decided to buy back all the Faberge eggs that the Soviets sold during their lean period!

Trader Woody

Again, thanks. I am blessed in many ways to have what I have, not the least of which is my health and the kinship and community I and those close to me have known here during my entire time as a member, and the phone calls and e-mails of encouragement from my family, extended family (you know who you are, H!)and old and new friends...Lord, man...you guys and gals are just too much. Nobody could ask for better people anywhere.. I'd love to come visit you all when I get dug out and the rubber once again meets the road. Soon. It's happening now. Starting to feel good again!

[ Edited by: Basement Kahuna on 2004-08-28 18:13 ]

Pages: 1 11 replies