Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

new items on ebay

Pages: 1 34 replies

G
GECKO posted on Mon, Sep 9, 2002 10:50 PM

Aloha everyone!
My girlfriend had some free time so she posted a couple of items for me. She will be posting a few more things in the week. She likes to make prints of items and put them in bamboo frames that I also make. Those will be on the bay too.
Sven thanks for the compliment on the shield on my last auction. It was for sure witco inspired. I love that stuff, just can't find any of it on da island! anyways, if you kinda liked that one you might like this one too. The last one on ebay was purchased by one of TC's own Sabina Kneisley of Maryland. MAHALO SABINA! also mahalo for all your support here at TC!
A BIG ALOHA and HUG to those who lost any OHANA in Sept 11! MY TIKI TORCHES WILL BE LIT BRAHDA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ok, sorry I don't want to talk about sad stuff anymore. I have a question?? My girlfriend asked me if she wanted me to put my work under "outsider art" also???? what is outsider art exactly? I told her no for now because I didn't know exactly where i fit into that. She seen a carving on there that's why she mentioned it. I know enough that it's pretty cool when I type "outsider art" into search on ebay. I love all kinds of art though. Some of that stuff is awesome...some

here is da kine to see my auction. If it don't work just go under "dabigpuka" which is what you see around my neck in the picture(DA BIG PUKA SHELL LEI). I used all lowercase letters this time. hope it works.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/ebayisapi.dll?viewitem&item=2100155883
MAHALO PLENNY!

Here you go...
I'll have to check your items out in person when I'm there next year.
SugarCaddyDaddy

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2100155883

Gecko, Your carvings rock man! How can a person obtain some of the carvings without going through the ebay crap?

Sweet carvings! I'm definitely keeping my eye on the "Tiki carved by GECKO" auction.

T

Nice work Gecko, I love your carvings. It would be nice if we could persuade you to an exclusive TC list offering before they went up on ebay. :wink:

G

Aloha friends,

I'm glad you guys like my work. My personal email is availible for questions, talk story, and whateva's.

Sugga Daddy thanks for the post. I'll be lookin to meet ya next year. Bring some trading material if you got the space. I got a little beachcomber trading post. I like to trade for rare mugs among other things.

Kokomo bar&grill, give me an email at what you are looking at as far as a coconut tree carving. Is that an actuall bar and grill? Is it your personal bar at home? give me an email dude lets talk story. we can do some buisness if like.

Suburban hipsta howzit braaaah, Good luck on da bay, it's at a real lo price so looks good for some collectors. I like selling my stuff to TC members because i know how much we all love the culture here. So, the cocopalms go to good homes.

Tikimug wazzup, What exactly do you mean? How would that work? I could do something if it dosen't become a problem. I have no problem carving. I love to carve. Let me know dude.

-Gecko

Kokomo, I had the same question!
I e-mailed him yesterday, before I read this posting.

I am trying to find something to cover up an ugly "speaker box" looking thing that covers the breaker box sticking 6" out of the wall in the new house.

I figure one of Geckos carvings would look really cool and cover up that nasty looking box.

And yeah, Tikimug, I like that idea of TC exclusives. While I was trying to get the last shield on ebay, my cousin was bidding against me to get it for me. (Neither of us knew the other was bidding!)
Of course, neither one of us got it.

I'll get a Gecko or two one of these days!!

Hey man, keep up the great work!

-C.
:sheckymug:

T

Well, I tried to score that beautiful carving but I got sniped and lost it. :(

I guess I was thinking along the lines of TC's own shecky mug. Something we could call our own. I'm not a carver so I don't know what's involved could you do a limited design and sell them to TC members, or something??

Either way I love your carvings and I am determined to get one someway! Just keep doing them you have a gift! :)

G

Aloha,

hey 75stingray, I emailed you back today. Sorry I got busy this weekend. I have a picture I'm going to email you of a Tiki you can hang over that dam speaker box.

Tiki mug, howzit dude? I can have my mother Pele put a curse on the guys that snipped you! I was looking towards mailing another TC member a Tiki. Maybe next time. As long as I got my fingers no worries you'll get a Tiki! I can do that TC limited numbered edition Tiki but I would want input from the members for a name and a design. I could carve the members TC name onto the back of the Tiki with mine if they wanted. I don't know? Whatevas u like do TC!

Mahalo Plenny
Gecko-

Hey Gecko! I want one too!!!! Send me an email with a picture of a carving or two with some prices and we will see if we can get some cash flowing your way. Thanks!

S

Sign me up for a "TC limited numbered edition Tiki"! For the TC mug we held a contest and a few people posted sketches.

But if you decided to carve a TC Tiki, you could perhaps post a few different designs and let everyone vote on which one to carve.

However you decide to do it, I'll take one!

Gecko,
Put me on the list. I'd definitely like to get a TC Limited Edition tiki as well! I think (appropriately) Shecky would be a good one to design.

http://www.munktiki.com/shecky.htm

*** * * The Polynesian Popster * * ***

[ Edited by: PolynesianPop on 2002-09-17 14:58 ]

Gecko,
Put me on the list. I'd definitely like to get a TC Limited Edition tiki as well!

Same here! Just keep me (us!) informed...
SugarCaddyDaddy

H

Sign me up for the limited edition idea, too! Mine needs to be small, tho, I don't have room for a great big wonderful log of a tiki. More of a delightful twig of a tiki.

I think the idea of posting pics of several sketches for voting is a swell one.

T

On 2002-09-17 12:23, GECKO TIKI wrote:

Tiki mug, howzit dude? I can have my mother Pele put a curse on the guys that snipped you! I was looking towards mailing another TC member a Tiki. Maybe next time. As long as I got my fingers no worries you'll get a Tiki!

Aloha Gecko,
As much as I appreciate you (and your Mothers) thoughtfulness, I'm not a vengeful person and I just hope the sniper appreciates it as much as I do!

Oh yeah! Do me a favor and take it easy don't screw around and hurt yourself. We can't afford you getting hurt you are supplying the world with some beautiful artwork! :D

G
GECKO posted on Wed, Sep 18, 2002 2:14 PM

Howzit peeps,

I brain stormed last night and came up with an idea....No limited TC coconut trunk carved Tiki's, I'm sorry. Only because I planed on doing 40 Tiki's...which would require lots of hunting for 2 foot coconut stupms. Everyone would be paying different prices too because of weight and diameter.
That would create conflict. So, sorry.

But, I can do limited wall plaques in a series of 50 for TC members only not for ebay. I wanted to do it in a traditional style Tiki being thats my specialty. I just made a Tangaroa Plaque. Tangaroa is one of my favorite Tikis. He is popular threw most of polynesia. He is the Fertility God, God of the Sea and fisherman. His face is on the cover of the book "Night of the Tiki". He is also seen in some shag prints. It's going to be around 2feet tall.

I have 1/50 at the house now in the process. I need someone (sugarcaddydaddy, alnshely?) to receive an email of it from me to post it on TC being that I don't know much about da kine...computers. If you don't like it I can add paint or whatevas we need to do befor I start the work. the75stingray has seen it an said he wanted one.

So, when the picture gets posted just reply yes or no. Since it's for TC members I would like to put some of your ideas in it if you like.

These will come with a signed laminated certicicate. I will also put the TC members name on the back with mine or in the front whichever you agree on.

THANK YOU FOR THE KIND WORDS!!!!!

Mahaloz!

S

I've seen your work, on ebay, and know without seeing a pic it will be excellent.

Please sign me up for 1 TC wall plaque.

I'll just have to keep watching your ebay auctions to score one of your Tikis.

Thanks!

I will take one also. What kind of price are we looking at without shipping?

G
GECKO posted on Wed, Sep 18, 2002 3:32 PM

They will be $60. My wall panels normaly sell for $60/small to $125/large and this will be a pretty big one. So you're paying for what a small one cost for members. The back will read

TC Edition 2/50
SullTiki
Gecko

TC Edition 3/50
Kokomo TikiBar&Grill
Gecko

I will put your usernames on them to make them special. So when we grow old and gray or gone threw the Tikigates of heaven our next Tikifiles will be collecting our wall panels and saying "WOW! Do you see that old TC edition wall panel of Kokomo Tikibar&Grill on ebay"!!

Which ever order your payment comes in I will give u that number. Please understand that this is what I do for FUN. I do have a job at Pearl Harbor that takes 8 hours of my time. PLEASE don't make it feel like a JOB! So, all I ask is for your Aloha spirit threw this. Please don't get restless. I'm still looking for any Ideas if anyone dosen't agree. I can start this weekend. I would like more feedback though. I still would like to post a picture. You gotta see what you're paying for ya. oh and 1/50 will be mine sorry.

Mahaloz Plenny

Thanks GECKO. Put me down for one.
Aloha & Maruru

DZ

I've seen pix of your work on eBay and here at TC and it is INCREDIBLE! I DEFINITELY want one, and if 5/50 is available, put me down for it!

D

I want one, I want one!!! Me too!

H

I definitely want one.

Ok, boys and girls..here are the pictures. If you, by chance, have any problems seeing the pictures, let me know and I'll email them to you in a zip file. Any other questions other than that, send a message to Gecko direct.

Size: 2'3" tall x 10" wide

Certificate: (sample certificate in the picture) is the size of a business card and will say that it is a limited edition along with the limited edition number.

Numbering system: 2 thru 50 (Gecko gets #1), and the edition numbers will go by the order the checks/money orders come in to him.

Full explanation on shipping costs, where to send money, limited edition number designations, etc., will follow in the next few days by Gecko.

Is that you holding the hanging?? Nice bod.
I say that with all due respect.
:drink:
[ Edited by: fartsatune on 2002-09-19 02:03 ]

[ Edited by: fartsatune on 2002-09-19 02:09 ]

hey gecko,

count me in too! if you could give an idea of how much the postage should be that'd be a great help. (i plan to have mine shipped to my in-laws in new jersey).

keep up the EXCELLENT work!
tiki chris

T

Gecko

Good kine man. Please "put me on the list" for at least one.

Thanks

"Trustar"

Gecko- Like you already said, you know I'm in for one of those too! (Plus the KU we discussed!)

All other TC members: You guys should really see some of the other things Gecko has - Simply awesome stuff!

-C.

T

OK Dude I'm in!!!

Just tell me where to send the cash!
I love the choice of tiki! :wink:

Gecko you Da Man!

T

sorry somehow I double posted... er something

[ Edited by: tikimug on 2002-09-19 15:43 ]

G
GECKO posted on Thu, Sep 19, 2002 9:39 PM

Aloooha!

Ok friends, #2/50 is in the making. These are the rules.

1. Please be patient. The myth is true, locals are laid back! No worries you will get your plaque.

2. Only one plaque per address. I know some
    people have two different TC usernames and I don't mind putting both names on one plaque. Please don't try to slip a second plaque for yourself by giving your dog a username. I don't want this to become a problem for Tiki Central. I'm doing this upon the request of TC members so, lets keep it fair and fun.

3. Money orders or checks only. Checks must clear befor the plaque is mailed. I'll be back loged so it's going to take a little while anyway.

4. The numbers are issued out in the order that the checks come in. the first 20 plaques have a gecko drawn out onto my sinature which is on the certification card. The rest do not. Just to give the earlybirds a simple mahalo! it's nothing big cus I can not draw like I can carve ya.

5. email me with your name/address and your username to be carved on the back of the plaque. I will then email you back my address for payment. Or let you know if they are sold out. Please indicate in the letter that it's for the plaque.

Mahaloz and let the fun begin!
Gecko-

G

I forget to post the shipping which is $17.

Woohoo! I got my email in and got my response back from Gecko and got my money order in the mail to him! Yes, even though I posted the pictures, I still had to go by the requested rules...fair is fair! Hope all of you got yours in too!
SugarCaddyDaddy

S

Got my check in the mail yesterday. But it's comming from Florida, so i'm sure it will not be the first he gets.

S

I had a suprise from my mailman today. That's right my very own TC wall plaque #2 of 50!

I'm in shock! I never expected to receive it so fast.

The pictures that were posted are great but don't do the plaque justice. It's beautiful!

Gecko the tapa was a nice touch, but I think we're going "au natural"!.

Pages: 1 34 replies