Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Hinano Screensaver / Wallpaper

Pages: 1 15 replies

Here's a link to the Official Hinano Beer website:

http://www.hinano.com/index.php

If you join the "Hinano Club" you can download this screensaver / wallpaper & some other stuff.

My wife & I honeymooned in Moorea, Tahiti, so I saw this & it brang back romantic memories. Can't seem to find anywhere to buy Hinano in the states. Might have to go back and get me some more....

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

"Ah, good taste! What a dreadful thing! Taste is the enemy of creativeness."
-Pablo Picasso

[ Edited by: Aaron's Akua on 2004-08-19 08:58 ]

DZ

They sell Hinano by the bottle/6-pack at Bristol Farms (the Mission Viejo location might be your closest) and by the bottle/case at Hi-Time Wines in Costa Mesa.

M
Moki posted on Wed, Aug 18, 2004 3:19 PM

They also sell it at Beverages and More.
http://www.bevmo.com/productlist.asp?area=home
Good luck
:drink:

M
Moki posted on Wed, Aug 18, 2004 3:22 PM

Crud!! A quick search on their website didn't show any, but I know that we bought some there earlier this year. Maybe call your local store before driving there. :wink:

Thanks Dr. Z! This is great - our 10th Anniversary is coming up & I'd love to get a taste of Tahiti. I'll check Bristol.

BTW - I understand that your parties are legendary - We'll try to hit the next one - if its open to all TC patrons.
+++++++++++++++++++++
Moki, Thanks man - but Bevmo is the first place I looked :)

I actually drank three bottles of this stuff a couple of weeks ago--got it at one of those international beer obsession stores. It wasn't bad at all! (It went fine with a tuna salad, in fact.)

K
Kono posted on Wed, Aug 18, 2004 8:07 PM

On 2004-08-18 14:09, Aaron's Akua wrote:
Here's a link to the Official Hinano Beer website:

Say...where's that there link? Am I just missing it?

OOPS. That's a little embarrasing - kind of like when you send an email without the attachment. I just fixed it. Enjoy!

Ahh Hinano, it seems they are out of it at most local California stores. BevMo is out and so is Bristol Farms. They had a ton of it the begining of Summer but it has run out. The importer is a guy in Hawaii that does it the importing on his spare time. Not to effective or consistent. I have tried for years to get the stuff here directly from Tahiti but they dont want to do it. It seems they are worried that if the demand is too much they would have to work harder and they are happy with their beer monopoly in Tahiti. I am currently trading emails with the CEO in Tahiti but it looks like the same story.I will keep you updated.

Hinano Tahiti's favorite Beer will be available again in December 2004 at the usual places - Considerate a give from the Tahitian Tiki Gods

Now THAT would be a nice Xmas gift! Thanks for the info, Andy. The taste of Hinano would bring back pleasant memories... Do you by chance know which stores will have it? Bevmo? Trader Joes?

A-A

Probably Bevmo Again but I will let know when I find out in late November. They really want to make a push for the US market. Somthing I have been telling them for years.

Awesome! Please let us all know when you find out.

OK an update on Hinano - It should be in California Mid March - I have been told its going out next week via ship. I will keep you updated. We are going to have a kick off party at Gladstones Long Beach with dancers and beer.

So, Andy - do you work for a distributer or importer? You seem to be an insider here. Thanks much for the update. I'm salivating already!

On 2005-02-14 16:16, Pacific Andy wrote:
...We are going to have a kick off party at Gladstones Long Beach with dancers and beer.

Please post something on this in Tiki Events once the date and details are set. I'm there.

A-A

No just a Tahiti nut trying to help out Hinano. I get paid in beers and t-shirts

Pages: 1 15 replies