Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

Shecky Tiki Carving.

Pages: 1 16 replies

A

Here's a pole-carving I've just finished for Trader Woody. He asked me a little while ago for one of my poles incorporating a Shecky. It's four-feet tall and around six inches in diameter.

B

Artiki, Looks good.ight make a nice hood ornament for that old ford back there. Keep it up.

Nice job Artiki! I really like the repeated tiki mug detail. Is that the chemical treated wood mentioned in your recent post?

M

Nice Tiki! How about some pics of the hot rod???!!!

A

On 2004-08-19 13:12, Aaron's Akua wrote:
Nice job Artiki! I really like the repeated tiki mug detail. Is that the chemical treated wood mentioned in your recent post?

Yes it is, it carved really nicely though does look very new. I may buy a stash and leave them outside to weather for a few months before carving them.

A

On 2004-08-19 13:44, mattfink wrote:
Nice Tiki! How about some pics of the hot rod???!!!

This is where all my money goes!
It's a '31 Coupe running a hopped up four-banger.

Yep, a place is reserved in the Lono Lounge - I can't wait to see the carving in person in a few weeks! You've done an excellent job, particularly considering the trickiness of carving Shecky.

I must add that's it's nice to know my money is going towards the upkeep of that damn fine car rather than disappearing into some big company's annual profits.

Many thanks!

Trader Woody

K

Artiki,

Great tiki and awsome ride!!! I used to date a girl from Ireland who lived in Birmigham named Janet Mcmanus. I just realized where you were from. When we were going out I worked for a subsidiary of Delta so I flew over to the UK a bunch and saw my fair share of Birmingham!

Later

Stupid question, Artiki... What's a "Shecky"?

O

Aaron's Akua: Shecky is a very popular, but limited addition tiki munk form MunkTiki (i think)

Artiki, great looking carving, nice to see a shecky carving i haven't seen one of those yet. Thats a great ride, and a very worthy object to spend your money on

http://www.munktiki.com/shecky.htm

**Polynesian Pop Wrote: **

...Shecky was designed just for Tiki Central - through a mug designing contest. The mug is even marked as such.
Tikifish, one of our very own moderators is the designer of Tiki Centrals beloved mascot. Hanford even has a Shecky graphic (smilie) ...:sheckymug:

P.S. Artiki great looking Tiki :tiki:

[ Edited by: DawnTiki on 2004-08-19 23:39 ]

Great carving!!

But more pictures of the rod please. Are you planning on going to the Hot Rod Drags?

A

On 2004-08-20 01:29, Kon-Hemsby wrote:
Are you planning on going to the Hot Rod Drags?

Oh yeah, the Nostalgia Nats in July and Hot Rod Drags in September are my two favourite meets in the year. We usually get there after work on Friday so that we've got an extra night of drinking.
Assuming nothing goes wrong with the car in between now and then, I'll be doing the Flathead Meltdown in the coupe.
Stratford is only about 25 miles from home, so it'd be wrong to miss it!
You going?

Just got the pole - thanks Artiki!
(Yeah, it's taken a long time to get it - I was going to pick it up, but we just haven't driven anywhere near Birmingham for months)

It looks amazing 'in the flesh' - great detail on Shecky (which must have been a swine to carve). When I asked if it could be done, I kind of forgot Shecky is holding a mini Shecky, making the carving that much more difficult.

Anyway, it's at the top of my stairs right now, but will soon move down into the Tiki bar. (Sorry, the metal bird is no substitute for the hot rod!)

Trader Woody

H

I like that rod! Carving is pretty funky too. i like the idea that tiki is holding an actual tiki mug

T

hot rod,, tiki's... is it heaven?? If it is I want know anyone, but it looks great!

Here is a picture of my 1st tiki that I'm planning on carving it as soon as I get some tools ...what do ya think?

....link to other albums ..
http://www.shutterfly.com/view/choose_album.jsp

[ Edited by: BambooPrincess on 2005-06-08 05:57 ]

Pages: 1 16 replies