Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

need a change of career warning venting

Pages: 1 2 49 replies

Bong's right -- life is too short to spend most of your days doing something you don't enjoy. Take a leap of faith -- you'll probably thank yourself in the longrun.

But seriously, life is too short to live your life hating what you do

one glorious day I finally turned in my resignation letter and never looked back.

I'd rather pinch pennies than do work that doesn't make me happy.

May the aloha spirit be with you in all that you do.

it's a sad thing when we reach the end of our lives and wonder why we worked so hard for something that didn't really have any meaning for us

Your tiki family supports you.
Aloha!

Never feel sorry about things you did not do, but feel sorry for things that you did do.

all I can tell you is life is gonna be a struggle at times no matter what you do, so you might as well follow your heart, and live a little before the big dirt nap!

Some of you have forgotten Aloha!

But I admire anyone that seeks to spend their daily lives in improving the next generation. I count myself as very fortunate that I had some fantastic teachers in my education that ended up making a huge difference in my life.

Sounds to me like your still a Star!

For those who are fortunate enough to get fulfillment both in and out of work, it's a true blessing. But one of two ain't bad!

Best of all, you can be wrong a bunch of times, and you learn as you go.

Finding fullfilment in a 'JOB' is not guaranteed. Look for your 'passion' in life, doesn't matter where you find it...at work, or in your personal life...just don't settle for mediocrity! Be great at something! People with passion are like magnets...they just attract positive elements. People without passion are also like magnets...they attract the negative elements.

I wanted to see all the wisdom and love at once then I decided to post it. Again, TC has the nicest people any where, Aloha!

I've been meaning to sit down and post on this thread, to let several people know how admirable I think they are for recognizing a situation that could be better and setting out to change it.

The biggest fear for a grown-up is often change; and it takes honest bravery to undertake change while faced with change and trying to keep to the obligations we we have acquired. especially once we have kids to keep a promise to raise to the best of our abilities.

Kudos all around.

Pages: 1 2 49 replies