Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Drinks and Food

"Tiki Time!" Tiki article in Today's Houston Chronicle.

Pages: 1 0 replies

My buddy Brett emailed me about a tiki article in today's Houston Chronicle. I don't subcribe but shazam - just happened to find a complimentary issue on my driveway this morning!

On the dining guide cover of The Chronicle's "Preview" magazine is the header "Return of Tiki Time." 'Tropical drinks are making a comeback, creating fun and profit for restaurants and bar owners.'

The cover story header is "Tropical Thirst Quencher." 'A tiki renaissance is under way and generating liquid profits.'

Amond other things the article mentions the Galveston Parrot Head Club, quote from multiple tiki book author Adam Rocke, tiki paraphanelia at TJ Max, Marshall's and Target, The Balinese Room on the Galveston Seawall, drink recipes and tiki trivia.

The article also mentions Tiki Tiki, a new Houston tiki bar and restaurant opening next week at 626 S. Highway 6. I had driven by the place several times and nothing much changed on the outside for months so I was starting to doubt it would ever open. Anyway, checkout some pix of the new Tiki Tiki/Bamboo Lounge.

I will post more pictures of the inside and outside after it opens.

Max
aka DJ Mexstacy

[ Edited by: robotparts on 2004-08-21 10:11 ]

Pages: 1 0 replies