Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

Chicago Tiki & Pop Art Exhibit by EsQui, 8/27/04

Pages: 1 13 replies

E
EsQui posted on Fri, Aug 20, 2004 1:46 PM

Hi Everyone,

On August 27, 2004 Waiting Chair Gallery will be exhibitng EsQui's new collection of Pop Art, including many tiki related items.

Our gallery is located in Logan Square at 2504 N. Linden Place, Second Floor, Chicago, IL 60647. Please use MapQuest for directions. We are in a residential neighborhood with no outdoor sign, but don't let that fool you. Inside you will find our gallery as pictured below.

We run our events more like a party. If you are interested in purchasing art show up anytime after 6pm for first choice. If you just want to hangout and have fun show up around 8pm. Or do both! There will be music, snacks, and drinks. Feel free to bring more booze! Our backporch tiki bar is also under construction, but will hopefully be ready for this event. Either way, tiki stuff will be spread throughout the gallery. Hope to see you there.

EsQui & Lissette.
http://www.waitingchairgallery.com

Sounds like a great time! Good luck with the show and I'll try to make it out for a night of art buying and drinking... maybe drinking and then the art buying so it doesn't hurt as much.

tiki junkman

T

Man do I want to make this, I think it is time to relocate to Chi-Town. EsQui I am going to do my best to make it down for this, I am planning on trying to be down this weekend for the all night flea market and if I can make it for your gallery showing it would be 3 weekends in a row for events, but at least they are all sweet events to go to!

Good luck Esqui and Lisette...can't make it to chicago...will you be offering the
tiki mug paintings on your website?
would be a nice addition to the antiki
room up in antigo wis

Aloha, Guys! Sure was great meeting you both at TV's the other night..my wife and I are going to try to be there... we'll be driving from New York on Friday...if I floor it and ignore those pesky stopsigns...then I might just make it!

We'll be there. We're looking forward to it and it sounds like it will be a great time!

C

I am SO bummed, as getting there at a decent hour on a Friday night after working a full day downtown Milwaukee won't happen :( Was looking forward to seeing more of your work after seeing a bit at Tiki Pa'ina in Oshkosh - looks like some very fun stuff that's perfectly in my color pallette - hopefully next time!

:drink:

T

That is what I get for not looking at the calendar, I thought the 27th was on a Saturday, dang! Well Croe you can make the next TV night and see their stuff, while I can only see pictures and it looks to be doing so well during the weeknight that it will not get moved to the weekend. Sorry EsQui and I wanted to see your tiki patio bar so much.

E

On 2004-08-21 08:41, congatiki wrote:
Good luck Esqui and Lisette...can't make it to chicago...will you be offering the
tiki mug paintings on your website?
would be a nice addition to the antiki
room up in antigo wis

Hi CongaTiki,

I'm still enjoying your CD! I usually sell my original paintings locally, and my prints online (because they have a lower costs and are easier to ship). Occasionally I put the originals online to spice things up. But if you are interested in these pieces you can e-mail [email protected], Lissette will handle the details, and we'll put a red dot on the wall to claim them as yours!

Glad to hear that some of you from Tiki Central are going to make it. If anyone has any questions feel free to post them here or contact us. See you in a few days!

Esqui.

E

Congratulations to Croe67 on acquiring the pink "Tiki Moai Drink" painting (pictured above) in advance! Now I know he'll have a good home. :D

And another good update: The tikibar section of the gallery will be ready in time for this event. The focal point of this room will be a monolithic tiki painting that I have done on a found wooden table-top that is nearly 6 feet tall and 3 feet wide. I will also have some of my signed SHAG serigraphs on display in this room, dating back to the year 2000, and some other goodies. The main section of the gallery will have mostly non-tiki art, so if you bring a non-tiki guest they won't hate you.

See you there.

EsQui.

How was it, guys? Do you have pics? Lemme see! Mahalo, Grey

We had such a fun time. Lissette & Esqui are so nice. They offered up their home for a party and as an added plus there was all this great art work to check out. We loved the tiki bar room and by the way did we say we had a great time?

Anyway thanks again Esqui & Lissette!

T

Nice art, a great little Tiki Room, and good food add up to a fun night out.

Thanks so much for the invite.

...and you have to love the 1970's TV theme a capella kereoke...

E
EsQui posted on Mon, Aug 30, 2004 5:25 PM

Thanks to everyone that came out to our event on the muggiest, hottest day of summer (followed a few hours later by the coldest, dampest day of summer)! We had a good time and hope you did as well. Here are some pictures of the event, some of the art, and our new back porch tiki room:

Above is Lissette up front.

and that's me! Thanks again, everyone. See you at Trader Vic's on Wednesday, September 15.

Esqui.

Pages: 1 13 replies