Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

Oceanic Arts catalog

Pages: 1 17 replies

G

Aloha everyone! I'm the brand spanking new kid on the block here. I've been lurking around in the shadows for a little while now and decided to finally join this little Tiki neighborhood.

I've got a question for all you old-timers (don't take take that literally, k?)... I don't live on the same side of the continent as Oceanic Arts. They don't have an online catalog, so I called and was told their catalog well ran dry and they wouldn't have more for at least a month. Does anyone here have a recent OA catalog they would be willing to part with? And is it worth the $10 they charge? How else can I know what I'm ordering?

Thanks... and cheers!

I just got my catelog about 2 mos ago. To be honest, I was very disapointed with what I got for $10.00. It is a blue folder with the prices as of 2000 on a seperate sheet. Most of the pictures of the items are in black and white. It is to bad they don't have a fully functional website that would let you order online. I just tried to order something today as a matter of fact. The lady that answered the phone insisted that I write down what I want on paper, and fax it in. They will get back to me with a totalled out price with shipping. I live in Ft Lauderdale, so I can't visit the store either. When I get my order, I'll let you know how the service and product is.

Aaron

T

I got the catalog about 2 years ago, sounds pretty much the same as the one I got. It may be black and white and the prices may reflect a few years old, but it is well worth it. It is packed with all kinds of info. Ordering was a breeze and I got my stuff in good time.

J

I can not say enough about Oceanic Arts - I have been pleased with all my purchases from O.A. and shipping has always been less than I expected! The catalog is money well spent when you're looking for tiki decor and supplies!

Their catalog certainly is not up to the standards that people produce these days BUT they do have everything you could ever need. If you are curious about color pictuers, try googling the item and see what happens
This is their REALLY busy time, I was just there a few weeks ago and they were floor to ceiling boxes, employees running around filling orders and Leroy and his carvers in back carving away.
They'll have what you want, at some of the best prices around.

G

Thank you all. It sounds like the consensus is that the catalog is worth the price. It's hard to believe with such a primitive catalog that it will take them a month or more to get more in. Now, if I can just get my hands on one!

On 2004-08-20 20:39, GatorRob wrote:
It's hard to believe with such a primitive catalog that it will take them a month or more to get more in.

It's probably a matter of setting aside a day to go to Kinko's and make 'em up. When I got mine back in 2000, I was a bit worried when I saw the homemade cover, but the contents are well worth it. Though it could be 1000 pages and I'd still want more.

-Z

One thing to keep in mind all, is that Oceanic Arts is a 'wholesale' supplier of Polyneasian decor and artifacts...at least that's what they claim; however,they sell to anyone walking through their doors,which really burns me, because they will not negotiate their prices for any volume purchase. The only thing a wholesale customer gains is access to their sources, and not paying tax.

However, one must keep in mind that there is one thing they have that no one anywhere has...LEROY, and he ain't cheap!!!

I stll haven't gotten my order as of yet. I ordered an umbrella thatch and some grass thatch mats for a bar I am personalizing,a fijian club, and a couple of the smaller tikis. I will keep you guys posted on the items. With their reputation, I am sure everything will be cool. I saw alot of their work hanging on the walls in Disney's Poylnesian Hotel/Resort in Orlando. The rooms there cost over 400.00 per night, too rich for my blood, but the decor is kick ass.

G

The Polynesian does have great decor. I especially like the rainforest/waterfall in the lobby. Haven't driven over there in a while (I'm about 40 minutes away), but was thinking of treating the family (and me) to a night's stay there this Christmas. Through TC reading, I only recently found out that OA did much of the decor. I'll have to keep my eyes open.

Yeah, if you look around where the gift shops are you will see some of their masks, and sheilds, clubs, and I did see a fijian ceremonial paddel(sp?) that were identical to items in the OA catelog.

8T

A little help please.... From anyone here who has a current O.A. catalog. Will you please let me know if the have 6'x15' reed fence and the price if given? Thanks !!!!!

G

Yes they do. From the current catalog: Polished reed fence. 6'x15' rolls. 1/8" to 5/16" diameter reeds. Natural yellowish in color. 100% density. Woven with galvanized wire approx every 4". $32 ea.

8T

Many Thanks GatorRob

G

Just curious... what do you do with reed fencing anyway?

8T

Want to use it for covering a ceiling.

G

You know, now that you say that, I'm noticing reed fencing on loads of tiki bar pics. Seen it many times before, but I guess I just didn't know exactly what it was!

CJ

I just received my catalog and even though it's a little cheesy it still has amazing stuff inside. I'm happy to add into my collection.

Pages: 1 17 replies