Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

A Night with Paul Lynde

Pages: 1 5 replies

I went to the funniest standup show I have seen in a long time...

http://www.esthergoldberg.com/nightwithpaullynde2.pdf

There is only one more l.a. date left before they hit the road - I highly recommend you make it!

Last show in L.A. is Friday, August 27, 2004
Or maybe it will hit your town?

Tell 'em Cherry sent you...

That sounds like a blast, Cherry. Now, maybe they'll do "A Night with George Gobel" or Charles Nelson Reilly! :)

I

If you want a fun dose of Charles Nelson Riley, go see the documentary 'Broadway - the Golden Years' (or wait for it to come out on DVD late this year.) Although the film features interviews with nearly 100 legendary actors and theatre people, Charles must have been one of the most entertaining of them all, as he ended up with much on-screen time in the final version.

The film itself is great - I will definitely buy a DVD copy for myself. Lots of stories about famous actors struggling to get by in New York in the early years of their careers, and for those of us who love to get a feel for what our culture was like 40-60 years ago - this film is a welcome additon.

Perhaps a Paul Lynde documentary will be next?

Vern

Those guys were staples when I was growing up in the 70s: Rip Taylor was always on Hollywood Squares too along with Phyllis Diller, Avery Schreiber - wasn't Jamie Farr on The Gong Show?

On 2004-08-23 19:50, ikitnrev wrote:
If you want a fun dose of Charles Nelson Riley, go see the documentary 'Broadway - the Golden Years' (or wait for it to come out on DVD late this year.)

I'd rather watch LIDSVILLE! :lol:

--cindy (Shut up, Hat Band!)

I'm going tonight.

Pages: 1 5 replies