Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

My Tiki adventures

Pages: 1 2 replies

Howdy all!

Sometime about 2 years ago I had the fortunate chance to meet Wayne at MaiTiki. Since then I have had the Tiki bug! I went from admiring tiki's to finally having the cajones to pick up the chisel! Of course a big thanks goes out to Wayne for the inspiration, and all of you in the carving forum for posting your advice and ideas. I have created a few, although they are not all that great, at least I can say that I created my own Tiki's!

This is my latest tiki. His name is Charley. I got the wood from a tree I had to remove from a neighbor's property after hurricane Charley.

This is my first tiki not pretty, but a start!

These are a few Moai Style heads, all from wood about 1.5" in diameter.

[ Edited by: tikinewbe on 2004-08-22 19:39 ]

B

Welcome Tikinewbe,Thanks for posting your first pic's. you posted the Thumbnails from Shutterfly and thats why the pic's are so small. If you open the pic all the way in Shutterfly, then copy the link the same way you did it, then you'll get the full pic. I'll try to fix this for you.

They look super good for your first ones.
I like the fact that you are not afraid to have fun with them. Join the ranks of first time carvers who post Excellent first carvings and thay will Only get better. Thanks

[ Edited by: Benzart on 2004-08-22 20:17 ]

Sorry about that, wasn't paying attention!

Well, the newest one isn't done yet, but at least it looks a little better than the first ones!

Pages: 1 2 replies