Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Crafts

Bell, Book, & Candle - kctiki's paintings, etc.

Pages: 1 26 replies

K

Bell, Book, & Candle

Leilani framed with laminated foil. I call this version "Rhinestone Cowboy".

Suffering Mosaic

Foil Dragon at Mardi Gras

Living room - garage sale decor with a smattering of tiki. The "tiles" I painted got very out of square as I worked my way to the corner...too many drinkypoos.

Ode to Pearl II

crazy banana man

turn of the century obake

digital pmp with pearl

tapas on door

Ancient Guardian of the Spangled Ediface

Faces Come Out of the Rain

Ode to Pearl

[ Edited by: kctiki 2007-06-02 04:57 ]

[ Edited by: kctiki 2007-06-02 05:03 ]

8T

SO, that's what you've been up to!
Nice work. Love the color choices. What size are those ?

K

Thanks 8 ft., this hobby keeps me sane. The 1st one is 20"x16", the 2nd one is 22"x28".

K

New painting added to top - 9/19/04

B

Nice stuff KCtiki, keep 'em coming.

K
kctiki posted on Thu, Feb 3, 2005 7:52 PM

new painting added to top 02/03/05

C

hey..very nice paintings...missed this
post until know...thanks for the update...
especially like the first one of the masks.

8T

I think you should title it "THE TAPA TRIBE"

Looks very nice. Keep up the original ideas.

B

I Like the new one and the "ode to Pearl" the best. Don't stay gone so long next time.

K
kctiki posted on Sun, Feb 6, 2005 7:09 PM

Thanks everyone.

Congatiki, I especially like your "tiki mask with tribal backing".

Benzart, your sublime talent and encouragement continues to inspire.

8-ft, I agree, "The Tapa Tribe" is a better title. When I was painting it that old Doors song, "People are Strange" kept going thru my mind..."faces come out of the rain, when your strange..."

K

new painting added to top 2/26/05

K

Tapas design on door added to top 11/21/05

8T

Now THAT had to take a while! Very beautiful kc. Thanks for sharing. Is that the door to paradise?

excellent work kctiki keep em coming.

O

very nice..have not seen you around lately..any new paintings as well? we love this stuff!

Wow, those are really great! I'm not sure why I haven't noticed these before, but I will be looking from now on. :D

K

Thanks everyone! I can't help but be inspired to make my humble little creations when I see all the labors of love posted by the talent here.

"Door to Paradise?" Only in my mind - it's the door to my zero-car gagage!

Next project is a Westwood and "Plaque Craft" inspired piece utilizing cork, twine, & who knows what else. I post a photo if it doesn't turn out too dumb. What the hell, that never stopped me before, I'll post it regardless.

K

New digital art added to the top 3/13/06. I'd like to recreate my "Ode to Pearl" painting in digital form. This is a first try at using Illustrator.

Inspirational!!!

K

Gung-ho novice on the loose - please bear with my naive enthusiasm. New pictures added to top 3/14/06. Inspired by the "Chicken Skin" Obake Files Ghost Stories. Done on computer - Quark & Photoshop.

K

Another added to top 3/19/06. August Holland, I'm not, but it keeps me off the streets.

K
kctiki posted on Mon, Jun 5, 2006 8:36 PM

House photo added to first post. None of the rooms in my house are purely Polynesian in flavor, but I thought I'd start by sharing a view of my living room (see top of page 1).

H
hewey posted on Mon, Jun 5, 2006 11:05 PM

Nice work :)

K
kctiki posted on Thu, May 3, 2007 3:49 AM

more added to top 5-3-07.

I totally dig that Suffering mosaic! Awesome! Really cool sense of style you have kctiki!

Nice additions KCtiki, the mosaic is really different, I like that I can't tell how the hell you did that. It looks sweet though.

S T

K
kctiki posted on Sat, Jun 2, 2007 5:05 AM

still life drawing added to top 6-2-07

Pages: 1 26 replies