Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

My Newest Ebay Item - Vintage Paul Marshall Mug Ad

Pages: 1 33 replies

T

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2100285013

Oooh, check it out!

Framed with loving care by moi... I'm all about going that extra mile. Plus, I miss arts and crafts hour from kindergarten!

T

Curiaus as to why there are no nibbles on this - is it because it's not the original ad? Or does my framing job leave something to be desired?

I thought it looked pretty spiffy. Suggestions?

M

Well of course if you had the real thing then maybe you would have got some (nibbles). But with your high starting bid, whos going to want it when it's not the original. I thought you said that you are all about originals, well what happen with this one. Just tring to make a buck on some other persons stuff, (not your own). Get real Tikifish, not everyone is going to like what you put on. I have not seen one yet, keep working you might do something good one day. Well maybe not. Oh and wooo who you have no nev. on ebay, you only have alittle over 100 feedbacks. Start talking when you get a few 1,000's. Also you glad you are on Tiki Central so you can plead to everyone that you are putting on an auction so we can bid, then when it's grap you what to know why no one has bidded. Get over yourself and get off your high horse.

__

^^^^
^^^^

[ Edited by: MaD-TiKi on 2002-09-15 16:38 ]

although i think mad-tiki's tone is entirely too fierce, he may have some points, tikifish.

15 bucks is a lot of moola for a photocopy glued to burlap. i wouldn't mind owning a "high quality copy of the original" paul marshall ad on brown paper, but for 15 bucks?!?

Seeing the item at a starting price of $14.95 makes me question your previous statement about how you're not in it for the money.

i don't know how much you paid for the original ad or what you had to go through to possess it - minus that cost, you probably put around $3 tops (i'm guessing) & roughly 15 minutes into the manufacture of this object.

as simple as it was to make it, you'd probably yield a much better return (& come across as much more credible) if you put a few (or why not several?) of these babies on ebay for a much lower starting price. conversely, you could have put the one up for auction at a low price w/ a reserve to see what the item would fetch.

i like your art (& LOVE SHECKY!!!) & have even bid unsuccessfully for one or 2 of your paintings on ebay - & oh yeah, my wife loves the dress she got from you!! i eagerly look forward to you sharing your newest of creations on tiki central & have always thought you did an okay job at pricing your stuff - but seeing you play up the "60's Paul Marshall Tiki Mug Ad Hawaiian Decor" that you have for auction might make me hesitant to view future items that you may share on tiki central.

i hope you don't think i'm harping at you. i'm all for selling one's wares & lately i've posting messages about things that i have up for auction on ebay too...& i think your idea of framing a photocopy of the ad on burlap is clever. i would just hate to see you lose your edge or credibility, in addition to the good reputation that i think you have & that i think you deserve.

tiki chris
:sheckymug: :sheckymug: :sheckymug:

[ Edited by: Tiki Chris on 2002-09-15 17:16 ]

T

Madtiki, you're WAY out of line in that last post. Tikifish was just curious why no one "nibbled" (appropriate for a tikifish!) on her item and she was asking for suggestions to make it better. I don't think she is on any high horse. You don't have to like her art, but there is no need to be nasty about it!

On 2002-09-15 16:34, MaD-TiKi vomited:
Get over yourself and get off your high horse.

This is totally out of line. All she did was ask for thoughts on why nobody wanted it and you run in like a bull in a china shop insulting and calling names.

Last I checked, common decency and respect is still the rule of thumb, even in cyberspace.

-Mike

Is it me or have some of the Tiki Central forums suddenly begun to get a little confrontational and angry recently? Wow! What's everyone so angry about??? Damn, give Tikifish a break...

:drink:

Just Cool!!

JohnTiki

Greetings to all from The Pi Yi Lenai in luxurious Bel Air Maryland!

[ Edited by: johntiki on 2002-09-15 22:04 ]

[ Edited by: johntiki on 2002-09-15 22:05 ]

DONE

[ Edited by: mad-tiki on 2002-09-17 04:35 ]

Tiki Central - Exception

Oh no.

An error occurred. Site administrators have been notified of the error.