Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Music

some songs by my band, Haole Kats!!! (updated 1/26)

Pages: 1 24 replies

HK

Well, I had to take down the old links since our website has changed to:

http://www.whollycatsband.net

Check out the Haole Kats!!! page for a few tunes...

J

[ Edited by: Haole Kat on 2005-01-26 12:34 ]

T

Thanks Josh!

P

NOW we're talkin'.
Thanks for sharing them.

B

Really nice tunes, Thanks guys

Those are soooo good! Mahalo!

Wow! Sounds like they were recorded in a studio! Really good stuff - thanks for letting us hear all the tunes.

Trader Woody

Ho! You folks are sounding super tight!
tasty plinking and sweet plucking music to wrap your ears around! Mahalo for sharing your tunes!

Very chic. Thanks for sharing. So your CD is for sale when again?

HK

Thanks so much for the kind words everyone!

We're still playing around in the studio getting tones tweaked, working up new tunes etc...so I'm not sure when we'll actually get around to doing the "real tracks". I'll be sure to let everyone here know when the time comes. It'll likely be before the holiday season, though.

Josh

HK

Aloha!

Here is tune we wrote last week...it's 3 Ukes crowded around 1 microphone...the upright bass & percussion were overdubbed...as with the other tracks I posted, this is just a quick-n-dirty recording to get the idea down so we don't forget it, the finished product will be much cleaner & tighter.

We're trying to push the boundaries of Uke-based music...this has a somewhat Flamenco feel to it.

Enjoy!

Josh & HAOLE KATS!!!

http://www.whollycatsband.com/images/Mano_Y_Mano_-_Ruff_Mix.MP3

C

hey josh...are you the lone yooper on
tc....checked the bio on your website and
the congatiki room in antigo wisconsin is
not far from your hometown....like the
tunes....looking forward to the cd.

HK

Congatiki - Guilty as charged - I'm a Yooper. For some reason I don't normally think of The UP and Tiki in the same thought...looks like I thought wrong!

I'm glad you dig the tunes...we're having a blast putting this stuff together.

As our repertoire grows, we're realizing it's WAAAAY too much for just one disc. So far it looks like we'll be doing a Hapa Haole Disc, A Loungey-Hawaiian Disc, and a Uke-based disc, too.

We're working on material from all 3 categories at the same time, so it's likely that all of the CD's will be released at the same time...or almost the same time.

Thanks for the feedback. It's great to know some folks out there like listening to us cause we sure love playing!

Josh
http://www.whollycatsband.com

O

Awesome!! Fantastic!! Can't wait till the discs are available. Put me down for all three. The line forms here, behind me :wink:

Thanks for sharing the early cuts. Keep up the good work.

P
pablus posted on Sat, Oct 2, 2004 9:41 AM

Sounds great.

Wish you guys played around town more.
Maybe we can set something up - I'm supposed to host a Tampa Tiki Crawl as my rite of passage as a honorary "Californian."

Hmmmmm - I need to look into that.

Anyway - keep on strumming!
Don't forget the Fm7ths. :wink:

HK

Onatiki - Thanks from all of us for the encouraging words. I will certainly keep everyone here posted as we progress.

Pablus - We definitely need to hook up sometime...whether it's for a Tiki Crawl or just to Uke it up a bit, I think it'd be a great time.

We're hoping that the local opportunities to play as HAOLE KATS!!! will continue to grow...at most gigs, we currently rely more heavily on our WHOLLY CATS!!! material, with some Uke or Steel tunes thrown in here and there.

Either way, I'll be sure to let you know what our upcoming dates are.

Mahalo to everyone who took the time to listen to our music.

Josh
http://www.whollycatsband.com

RB

Let me join the chorus of "well done!" And love the name. My user name should clue you in to my appreciation of sly humor.

Rum Balls

For some unknown reason Netscape dumped all my bookmarks and I have to start over from scratch...You guys are the first new music file I've created, but I'm gonna have to get the CD!

Great job!

For some unknown reason Netscape dumped all my bookmarks and I have to start over from scratch...You guys are the first new music file I've created, but I'm gonna have to get the CD!

Great job!

I just downloaded the files, thank you for some wonderful music. Your song titles gave me an idea for a song title: "From Beyond the Pinapple, My Pu-Pus Flame for Thee." I'm going to start on that after "Fanfare for the OverMan."

HK

I noticed that Kanekila posted another tune...thought I'd link to it her in case someone missed it.

Hear Hawaiian War Chant here:

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=11288&forum=11&7

J

HK

This tune is a little different from the others. Let us know what ya'll think!

http://www.whollycatsband.com/images/Tiki_-_Ruff_Mix.MP3

For those of you that are interested in a CD, here's a little late-breaking news:

We will have a sampler CD available for purchase in late November. This disc will have 10 or 12 tunes covering 3 main styles:

1 - Hapa Haole Hawaiian (mostly acoustic)

2 - Loungey Hawaiian (more lush sound with electric steel)

3 - Ukulele Variety (various styles revolving around single & multi Uke arrangements)

Late '04 or early '05, there will be 3 CD's available, 1 in each style. This "sampler" disc is just a way to introduce folks to our sound(s)...

If you have any questions or would like to reserve your copy, send us an e-mail at

[email protected]

Thanks for listenin' everyone!

Josh

EDIT: Kanekila pointed out that I posted the wrong version of "Tiki"...Doh! I just fixed it - The link is now to our final draft of "Tiki".

[ Edited by: Haole Kat on 2004-10-29 13:37 ]

I love everything I have heard from you guys! I will absolutely buy your disc as soon as it is available. Please let me know if you ever play in Wisconsin, because I want to see your band live. great, great stuff!

Nice stuff! If my mics weren't in storage in Chicago I'd record some bird calls for you to go along with that! One quibble, buy that drummer a China Cymbal, and think about a small gong.

On 2004-10-27 22:02, freddiefreelance wrote:
Nice stuff! If my mics weren't in storage in Chicago I'd record some bird calls for you to go along with that! One quibble, buy that drummer a China Cymbal, and think about a small gong.

Sweet! I live in Hawai'i and your music makes me feel the place even more...

Thanks for sharing. (Blue Bossa! I've performed that tune 100's of times over the years and hearing you guys do it somehow made it new again!)

Mahaloz

TK

Pages: 1 24 replies