Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Need advice re-attaching Witcos to frames

Pages: 1 1 replies

I have a couple of Witcos that have come loose from their frames; they used a combination of nails and big staples originally. I had first planned to use nails similar to the originals to stay authentic, laying the piece face-down on a towel to cushion the finish on front while I nailed from behind the backboard. Now, I'm thinking small screws might be better as they make better fasteners in general. Your thoughts?

L

Hi TJ! I checked some of my pieces and they are just stapled from behind. Even the wood dancers on my lamp (see pic in posted thread) are stapled. Dosen't sound too secure but, hey, it's lasted this long through a few owners, shipping, hanging and all.

Pictured in the same thread are the Hawaiian Islands which turned out not to be Witco (I still love them because I like the look) These I attached to the blue backing myself. 5 minutes with a staple gun is all it took, no reason to better attach them or risk greater damage to the wood (larger holes, cracks, dings, etc.) K.I.S.S.
https://tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=3849&forum=5&vpost=34917

BTW, are your lamps rewired and hung? Let me know if you have too many!! I owe you some pics of mine. I will post some when I get back from my vacation. My new furniture looks awesome and I will snap some living room pics in Sept.

Pages: 1 1 replies