Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Central Valley Mini Crawl poll/date change

Pages: 1 33 replies

Just wanted to get this out and see what kind of response/interest there would be for a Cali Central Valley Mini Crawl for Oct 30. We have a 21 seat mini bus available, but before I commit I need to see if there's any interest. Possibly 4 stops from Turlock to Modesto to Ripon and back to Turlock.
Let me know.

Wao Nahele Kalepa Kumula'au Hale

[ Edited by: Jungle Trader on 2004-09-01 11:57 ]

I'm in, pending any last minute requests to work the weekend, which are rare but do happen.

In fact, work takes me out to the central valley once or twice a month - I was planning on making a mid-week mini-mini crawl announcement next time they send me out there.

Thass a pozzibility! :)
hic....

You know I'm very interested.

Besides what I'm sure are stops at "Minnies" and "The Tiki" what other places do you plan on stopping?

M

I assume the Whanga Rei as well.

I see the drunken plans of mice and men are coming to fruition...

Don't post the name of the event yet! It's a surprise.

I'm in- let me know what I can do to help.

You'll be hearing from us My Favorite Martiki.

we are planning on finishing the night up at our yet to be named and not yet complete tiki bar and lanai! and yes martiki we will be in touch!

Sounds great! I might be able to swing it as well! Cheers, K

H

I'm in on ONE CONDITION... we all take over rooms in the Modesto Tropics! It'll be scary, but we'll be in it together! And then we can all say we lived through it. The event tee shirts can say "I spent a night at the Modesto Tropics, and I didn't get a mug shot taken"

Unless, of course, we have mug shots taken with our Sheckys. Hey, hecky Mug Shot Modesto Tropics tees!

MMMMMMMAybe. Hey wahta bout the art show at Minnies?

Humu is right, Humu is right!!! The Tropics awaits, and I want my mug shot t-shirt!!! Argh, Martiki, why didn't WE think of that?!

Needless to say, I'm in.

tikivixen

We have changed the date to the 30th of Oct. so as not to interfere with Futura Girl's Mondo Lounge in L.A. Besides,... the Tropics Motel and Halloween go together....ooooh scary.

More details later.

[ Edited by: Jungle Trader on 2004-09-01 12:01 ]

L

Crawl yes, Tropics no unless they are still renting by the 1/2 hour.

On 2004-09-01 12:00, Jungle Trader wrote:
We have changed the date to the 30th of Oct. so as not to interfere with Futura Girl's Mondo Lounge in L.A. Besides,... the Tropics Motel and Halloween go together....ooooh scary.

More details later.

[ Edited by: Jungle Trader on 2004-09-01 12:01 ]

son of a beach!
I'm out.

work is sending me to palm springs that weekend - which we all thought odd since it's halloween weekend but you don't rock the boat. it's a free trip to palm springs.

anyone want to do a mini mini crawl with me central valley on the 16th anyway? now that I'm all jazzed up about it.
pout

M

zazz!

T

Dangergirl, I'd love to do a minicrawl with you on the former Valley Crawl weekend. I'm always up for a trip to Minnie's and besides, I have a couple of gal pals I think you'd mutually like who REALLY need to experience this stuff!!!!!

just send me a PM if you want!

tikivixen

H

Cool, the prior date wouldn't have worked for me, there's no way I'm gonna miss Mondo Lounge. However, I've been planning on being in the Bay Area Halloween weekend anyhow, so the new date may work great!

Hey Limp, long time.
Orchard Inn is right next door to Whanga Rei. The crawl will start at Whanga then to The Tiki, then to Minnie's then to Drunken Hat & Cleen's, then drop off's, then back to Whanga Rei, so if you choose to stay at Orchard the crawl begins and ends there.
But more later.

Sorry DangerGirl, but I might be doing a Tiki Art Show at Minnie's between now and then.

M

Sounds like a perfect plan, JT, and with Rebecca finishing her orals on the 29th, the girl will be ready to drink.

M

On 2004-09-01 15:46, martiki wrote:
Sounds like a perfect plan, JT, and with Rebecca finishing her orals on the 29th, the girl will be ready to drink.

language like that makes me blush!!

dangergirl and vixen. let me and cleen know if you two make it down here on the 16th. we should be able to meet you at minnies for a drink or two!!

hat

UB

Ungas' In!

Aloha Drunken Hat and Cleen!

Sounds like Dangergirl and I are on, and I'm going to try and bring a couple of friends who need Tikifying too!

Not sure when/where to meet yet, but we'll definitely see you at Minnie's and/or Whanga Rei--I still haven't seen that place yet...

meow! tikivixen

LL

We are totally in! We can't believe we live in Fresno and still have not been to Minnie's!

*On 2004-09-01 12:00, Jungle Trader wrote:*We have changed the date to the 30th of Oct. so as not to interfere with Futura Girl's Mondo Lounge in L.A.

thanks, jungle trader!

dangergirl and everyone - come to l.a.!!! minnies will be there - mondo is once in a lifetime :)

[ Edited by: Futura Girl on 2004-09-03 03:25 ]

welcome a-board lavas and kalikiana! we look forward to meeting you folks at the crawl!

hey folks! just wanted to let you all know to look for all of the info for the crawl by mid-week. we just have a few more details to work out and we'll be set to offer up the critical details. it will be a new post so keep your eyes peeled ok! thanks for your interest!

M

Good to hear from the Lavas again!

I might be in. I need to figure out how far from San Jose this is foing to take place and if I can get back down to LA for halloween. sounds like a blast, tho.

M

On 2004-09-07 19:02, Polynesiac wrote:
I might be in. I need to figure out how far from San Jose this is foing to take place and if I can get back down to LA for halloween. sounds like a blast, tho.

Do it!!!! The night before Int'l Tiki Day, four of us stayed in Modesto(three cheap Motels near Minnies) and then drove down almost to San Diego for the ITD party. Depending on where in LA, figure 6 hour average with standard traffic.

M

Also martiki's lead foot. mrsmiley has no idea how we got there because mrsmiley was asleep most of the time!

TW

COUNT ME IN!!!!!!!!!!

I'm interested in taking over the Modesto Tropics too! Who else is going in on this?

On 2004-09-02 11:16, tikivixen wrote:
Aloha Drunken Hat and Cleen!

Sounds like Dangergirl and I are on, and I'm going to try and bring a couple of friends who need Tikifying too!

Not sure when/where to meet yet, but we'll definitely see you at Minnie's and/or Whanga Rei--I still haven't seen that place yet...

meow! tikivixen  

I'm officially bailing on our tentative plan to do a mini mini Modesto crawl this weekend (10/16). I got talked into going to Mondo Lounge!

Next time though!

Jen

Pages: 1 33 replies