Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

They are remaking one of the greatest bad movies of all time

Pages: 1 20 replies

LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) -- Terence Winter, a writer and executive producer of "The Sopranos," has been drafted into "The Warriors" gang.

The scribe will write the remake of the 1979 street-gang classic, which Tony Scott is directing for Paramount-based MTV Films.

Scott's version will follow the outline of the first film -- in which a gang leader is assassinated during a truce, and The Warriors, wrongly accused of the assassination, must make their way home through hostile gang territories -- while updating the heightened reality of the original film for contemporary audiences.

The original was directed by Walter Hill and was written by Hill and David Shaber.

Reuters/Hollywood Reporter

T

DUDE I LOVED THAT MOVIE!!
W-A-R-R-I-O-R-S....COME OUT AND PPPPPPPLLLLLLLLLAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYY!
But I think it will suck as a remake, just like Escape from New York was better alone somethings should just be left un-re-done.

TM1

I had the pleasure of reading the original book, written by a social worker who worked with gang members and juvenile delinquents during the 1950's in new york....similar to the movie, but in fact, better. The author based it on "anibasis" (correct spelling?) an ancient greek story about a group of soldiers cut off from their battallion, and heading home thru enemy territory!!

The original movie rocked!! The mimes were the best!!! The baseball furies were great too!!

Yeah I actually agree, there is no way they could improve that movie. My favorite were teh Baseball Furies, they got their buts kicked pretty quick by the warriors but man they looked cool.

The mimes I never got though, what would you tell people if you got beat up by a bunch of mimes, "Dude they put me in a box".

D

That's great and all, but can anybody come up with an original fuckin' idea anymore?? Hollywood is saturating the market with re-makes....or, oh I'm sorry. 'modern interpretations'. Pop culture in decline...INDEED.

On 2004-08-25 17:35, donhonyc wrote:
That's great and all, but can anybody come up with an original fuckin' idea anymore??

I want to see a big-budget summer blockbuster remake of "Attack of the Killer Tomatoes." :D

M

Amen DonHo, Amen!

can anybody come up with an original fuckin' idea anymore??

Yeah I hear ya, wanna hear something else coming down the line soon that will chap your hide?

Bewitched The Movie, starring Nichole Kidman and Will Ferrel

Another big fan of the original.

Plus, it had the debut of Joe Walsh's "In The City" and a cool number by Desmond Child.

The remake will offer a great opportunity to showcase some rap tunes - more apropos for the genre. (Apologies to those who have disdain for rap.)

The original is up near my top ten.

The DJ was the inspiration for those Nike ads from the 90's.

I liked Ajax. He was the one who told one of the Baseball Furies that he was gonna stick a bat up the guys ass and turn him into a pospsicle.

Ajax was also the one who was running through the park with the other Warrior and said, "I'm sick of this."

The other guy said, "Sick of what?"

Ajax stopped and replied, "Sick of running. I'm gonna kick some ass."

Or something like that.

A total samurai kinda guy.

Please, just don't make it a Vin Diesel flick. Stock with unknowns who are age appropriate. No 35 year old Hollwooders looking like David Hasselhoff with a five o'clock shadow as a sign of credibility.

Sorry to ramble....GREAT FLICK.

D

SuicideSam-

I heard about that re-ma...uh...'modern interpretation'. Gee that sounds great...yeah, I'm gonna run right out and plunk down $10 for that....NOTTT!!!!

The Warriors is a great movie. There is a playstation video game comming out next year, I think. Just like in the movie, the Warriors must get to their turf and takes place in '79. I think it will be released in europe first.

On 2004-08-25 17:35, donhonyc wrote:
an original fuckin' idea

BTW, They're remaking "OH GOD" with Ellen Degeneres in George Burns' roll.

-Z

S

If you've ever seen any of the other odd little Walter Hill adventures (The Driver, Streets Of Fire, Southern Comfortand even Tresspass) you'll see a lot of what made The Warriors a great movie. People appearing out of nowhere, sick all or nothing situations, evil dialog, mind games, etc. Without the style that Warriors had it'll just be another cheap, violent piece of trash. Not good trash..just trash.

They're gonna make a Munsters movie too.

BTW, They're remaking "OH GOD" with Ellen Degeneres in George Burns' roll.

oh god...

i think i would rather see that stupid Superbabies movie.

On 2004-08-25 18:18, suicide_sam wrote:
Bewitched The Movie, starring Nichole Kidman and Will Ferrel

Will Ferrell playing Darrin? That is so horribly WRONG.

More movies coming down the line:

21 Jumpstreet

Charlie & The Choclate Factory (by Tim Burton, Johnny Depp as Willy Wonka)

Barbarella

Fat ALbert

Flash Gordon

Get Smart

Hogan's Heroes

King Kong

Knight Rider

Miami Vice

Planet of the Apes II

Transformers (live action)

Wouldn't it be crazy if, when they remade 21 Jump Street, they cast Gene Wilder in the Johnny Depp role?

Probably not gonna happen though.

I dunno, most of the remakes are somewhat annoying, but at least people are being honest about making derivative pabulum, instead of pretending that their "new script" doesn't have anything to do with the 3 similar films that are always inevitably also in development nor the 3,000 previous movies that had the same basic plot and themes.

After all, not everyone can make "The Brown Bunny."

B

After all, not everyone can make "The Brown Bunny."

i'd gladly take any schlock-filled remake over anything that Gallo creates anytime... He's 99% hype, 1% crap.

Regarding Bewitched: A scriptwriter friend of mine says they should replace Will Farrell with another actor halfway through the film and not explain it.

HA HA HA!! That was hilarious, I love it!They would have to replace him with another actor named Will. So who is up... Will Smith, Will Schatner... who else?

-T.J.

Miami Vice! Yes! That show kicks ass! I rememeber when I was a kid, every Friday night at 10:00pm was Miami Vice night.

Pages: 1 20 replies