Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Purple Orchid Saturday 8/28

Pages: 1 10 replies

DZ

I know it's kinda late notice, but I was originlly planning on meeting Tiki-Toa for a few drinks, but his plans didn't work out. (Another time, TT!) Since I haven't been to the P.O. for a while and really need a fix, I figured I'd go anyhow! Anybody else wanna go? I have no idea if there's anything going on or if anyone is playing, but a trip to the Orchid is always worthwhile, and maybe this might be a chance for some L.A.-area newbies to show up for an informal 'meet-n-greet'! DolphinTiki & I will get there around 9-ish (emphasis on the "-ish") - anyone else??

Utopiandreem & I are in.

Damn it! Now I'm gonna miss two tiki filled nights in a row. First Tiki Taix, now this. Sorry Doc, Rocknrollgirl and I will be in Bakersfield (of all places) this weekend. Hope you guys have fun, though.

[ Edited by: SON OF MOTHRA on 2004-08-27 08:38 ]

T

Mahaolz Z and yes I hope someday to meet you at the PO for a drink along with others.

Hey don't knock "Buckersfield"...LOL...its home to the one and only Buck Owens and the Crystal Palace on beautiful Buck Owens BLVD.

Great antique/vintage shopping and Basque Food. Not to mention the best best chicken fried steak in the world at Zingo's...The country gravy at the place is the best. I still thank my friends to this day for introducing me to those places...

Enjoy your stay there and dont forget to get a drink at the Padre Hotel to get that "Streets of Bakersfield" feel...

have a safe trip on the 99...

Mahalo...

TMF

Dr. Z,

I think that I maybe able to drop by. I have a island party in Norwalk, so maybe after that I will drop by on my way to the swapmeet.

DZ

TMF - first 'lunchbox' is on me!

I was going to go see The One Man Legend's show Saturday, BUt I think I can stop by by the PO and have a couple before I head back to teh LBC for the show.

TMF

Dr. Z,

Sorry I could not make it. I even missed my island party with a former Ms. Hawaii for the hostest. My buddy had to much way to earl and I had to baby sit. Sorry....

Jay

Hey Doc Z...

Glad we caught ya at the tail end of the evening...Purple Orchid was just what the doctor ordered...

Mahalo!

Moi

I showed up that night and saw no familiar faces so I hung out and had a drink and after that I just split. Oh well maybe I'll catch you guys next time.

Pages: 1 10 replies