Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Looking for Sombody to Marry Us Tiki Style

Pages: 1 13 replies

Me and my fiance are getting married at Sam's Seafood in November and we are looking for the perfect person to marry us. We were hoping to find a Polynesian themed official of some sort, or at least, sombody real cool and entertaining. If anyone could give me some suggestions I would really apprieciate it.
We are also looking for the perfect DJ.
Can you help us?
Oh yeah - we live in the Los Angeles / Orange County Area
Thanx Alot,
Spermy

[ Edited by: The Sperm Whale on 2004-08-26 22:06 ]

[ Edited by: The Sperm Whale on 2004-08-27 09:23 ]

Suicide Sam is a cool guy and has married a couple of peeps as well. ? "As far as I'm with the DJ",AquaRJ is another cool kat and spins them wild. He is over due a visit in the southland as well. He's not a DJ full time or anything and I;m sure there are a few others I left out.

Hey Spermy, if you know some person you would like to hitch you, but they don't have the credentials, you can aquire "Credentials of Ministry" from Universal Life Church in Fresno, Ca.

The Credentials are still free as far as I know. All you and your date would have to do is go to the Orange County County Clerks Office and pay for the lic.
I think that's about 100.00 for a wedding lic. but it may be more with all the states $ situation.

You don't need to belong to Universal Life Church or any church to get these credentials.

I have married several couples, and it's all within the law.

I also know a bloke who runs a wacky murder mystery dinner company. (he also does quite a few weddings) He is really witty and fun. If you want something zany, let me know and I'll send you his contact.

Good luck!

[ Edited by: Gigantalope on 2004-08-27 00:57 ]

*On 2004-08-27 00:53, Gigantalope wrote:*I also know a bloke who runs a wacky murder mystery dinner company. (he also does quite a few weddings) He is really witty and fun. If you want something zany, let me know and I'll send you his contact.
Hmmm. Let's avoid the Tiki Wedding Murder Mystery route, though. ("Zounds! Someone killed the maid-of-honor with a poisoned Mai Tai! Was it YOU, Spermy?")

Yeah, Let's skip that.

I am kind of looking for more of a Polynesian or a lounge (ish) kind of ceremony. If that is possible. But I am definatly open for suggestions!
Our Wedding is really supposed to be fun so I am open to anything. We are not very religous but, we do like to worship the Tiki Gods.

[ Edited by: The Sperm Whale on 2004-08-27 10:33 ]

I know an Elvis impersonator who is also an ordained/licensed/whatever minister who lives in Modesto but presided over a ceremony in Palm Springs recently.

He sings some Elvis songs after he presents the bride and groom.

He looks like thin Elvis but with fat Elvis's side burns.

I can try to find his number if that sounds enticing.

He looks like thin Elvis but with fat Elvis's side burns.

Thin Elvis had side-burns too !! Check out the '68 Comeback special or the early Vegas shows...he had a 30" waist (and side-burns)

Did Johnny Velour have a polynesian kahuna preside over the nuptials?

On 2004-08-27 14:44, christiki295 wrote:
Did Johnny Velour have a polynesian kahuna preside over the nuptials?

I wish I could answer that quistion I don't know who Johnny Velour is.
Is that some kind of suggestion on who might be able to Marry My Fiance and I????

[ Edited by: The Sperm Whale on 2004-08-27 15:04 ]

[ Edited by: The Sperm Whale on 2004-08-27 15:04 ]

Johnnie Velour was married recently. He may be of assistance. Here is his profile: http://www.tikicentral.com/bb_profile.php?mode=view&user=43

Congratulations.

Thanks(:

On 2004-08-27 00:53, Gigantalope wrote:
Hey Spermy, if you know some person you would like to hitch you, but they don't have the credentials, you can aquire "Credentials of Ministry" from Universal Life Church in Fresno, Ca.

I am an ordained minister of the Universal Life Church. I was ordained on November 15, 1969...Moratorium Day. I've never performed a wedding ceremony myself. One of my old compadres Country Dick Montana (a fellow ULC minister) married Mojo Nixon & the "Bride of Mojo" at a go-kart track and that seemed to work out pretty well. By this, I mean it musta stuck...they're still hitched. Country Dick is no longer with us unfortunatly, but last time I seen Mojo he's a minister now and performing weddings himself.

[ Edited by: Shipwreckjoey on 2004-08-31 01:45 ]

[i]On 2004-08-31 01:30, Shipwreckjoey wrote:

I am an ordained minister of the Universal Life Church.

Does that mean you are legally authorized by the State as well as by Ku and Hotu Motua to marry and sign marraige certificates?

Thank you for your input. I would like to get talk to TheChikitiki because I could use some good DJ suggestions. I am also trying to contact Geeky Tiki about the Elvis Impersonator. If you feel like contacting me I would really appreciate it.

E-mail: [email protected]

We are still open to more suggestions!!

Thanx,
Spermy

Pages: 1 13 replies