Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Central Ohana

Hau'oli La Hanau, Sventiki!

Pages: 1 22 replies

That's Hawaiian and means "Happy Birthday, Sventiki!

Nau wale no me ke aloha! Just for you with love!

I know you are in your father's house in Northern Germany now, together with your family and your son Diego, so it will be a nice birthday for you, I'm sure. I'm also sure the people of Tiki Central all wanna join me, when I lift my glass and drink one on you, wishing you all the very very best! We'll surely make up for the missing opportunity to clink mugs of one of April's special Mai Tais in the Tabou Tiki Room soon!

So for now just a virtual "cheers!" and Aloha oe!

Professor Tiki

A Mai Tai in your honor Sven! Hope you have a great birthday!

I join the virtual mug lifting and wish you a very happy birthday Sven!!!

KK

....and many more! Have fun at your "Awesome 80's" karaoke party tonight!(insert winking face here symbol here)

-Weird Unc

[ Edited by: weirduncletiki on 2004-08-27 10:01 ]

T

have a great one!!

[ Edited by: tiki5-0 on 2004-08-27 10:11 ]

Happy birthday, Sven! You're terribly missed around here. Hope you have a delightful time this weekend.

Feliz Cumpleanos, Sven!

I'll hoist a Mai Tai in your honor tonight at The Tiki Tiki (just opened here in Houston). Perhaps by invoking your presence, it will make the place just that much more authentic.

Have a very Happy Birthday Sven! A good time for us all to get reaquainted with the Sven-Tiki cocktail!

Trader Woody

Thanks for bringing your tiki into our lives.
(Maybe I should rephrase that.)
A big tiki cheers to you and Happy B-Day!

Feliz Cumpleanos mi amigo Sven ! Aloha Moritz to you too.

B

Happy Birthday, Have fun and drink too much and get into trouble. HappyHappyHappy

Kia huritau ki a koe!

Have a good one bigbro!

"I don´t believe in aging. I believe in forever altering ones aspect to the sun." Virginia Woolf

Happy Birthday Sven -- I'll buy you drink tonight at Tiki Taix so you better show up or I'll drink it for you.

On 2004-08-27 10:01, weirduncletiki wrote:
....and many more! Have fun at your "Awesome 80's" karaoke party tonight!(insert winking face here symbol here)

-Weird Unc

[ Edited by: weirduncletiki on 2004-08-27 10:01 ]

Sven
you dont know me but I wanted to wish you Happy Birthday anyways, I also salute and raise my mug and tikis to you.
P.S. By the way I've seen your photo. You age good, you certainly dont look in your 80's.
Aloha!

Many Mahalos for the greetings, kids. Next year I better be in LA at this time, so I can celebrate my big 50th (!) in Tiki style.

I got the nicest silly Tiki toy from my girlfriend in LA (don't know if it was mentioned here already):

The TIKI DRUMMER from Schylling, (Rowley, MA 10969, no website). This guy drums an oriental sounding tune (he's made in China) on two animal skulls like there's no tommorrow, very funny.

On 2004-08-27 15:08, bigbrotiki wrote:
The TIKI DRUMMER from Schylling, (Rowley, MA 10969, no website). This guy drums an oriental sounding tune (he's made in China) on two animal skulls like there's no tommorrow, very funny.

Here it is in a video!
http://www.schylling.com/tiki/

M

Well, I can't remember where you're from, Svenny, so here's the works:

German-Badisch Allis Guedi zu dim Fescht!
German-Bavarian Ois Guade zu Deim Geburdstog!
German-Berlinisch Allet Jute ooch zum Jeburtstach! (or) Ick wuensch da allet Jute zum Jeburtstach!
German-Bernese Es Muentschi zum Geburri!
German-Camelottisch Ewllews Gewtew zewm Gewbewrtstewg. Mew!
German-Frankonian Allmecht! Iich wuensch Dir aan guuadn Gebuardsdooch!
German-Lichtenstein Haerzliche Glueckwuensche zum Geburtstag!
German-Moselfraenkisch Haezzlische Glickwunsch zem Gebordsdach!
German-Plattdeutsch Ick wuensch Di allns Gode ton Geburtsdach!
German-Rhoihessisch Ich gratelier Dir aach zum Geburtstag!
German-Ruhr Allet Gute zum Gebuatstach!
German-Saarlaendisch Alles Gudde for dei Gebordsdaach!
German-Saechsisch Herzlischen Gliggwunsch zum Geburdsdaach!
German-Schwaebisch Aelles Guade zom Gebordzdag!
German-Wienerisch Ois Guade zum Geburdsdog!

And the classic: Alles Gute zum Geburtstag!

T

Happy Birthday to the Man who has provided me with so much info that the uninitiated are sorry they asked me "What's Tiki?"

M

Hau'oli La something-or-another, Sventiki!

And a Happy Hula Birthday to you too, Sven! We all miss you here. Atomic wishes you Happy Birthday too.

Sven who????? (wow 50??)

On 2004-08-27 23:12, RevBambooBen wrote:
(wow 50??)

NEXT year, please! For one year, I am still not "old"...(and after that I will be "wise"!)

Thanks for all the kudos (and strange German dialect congratulations) and the links.

The photo of that Tiki drummer on the ordering page must be a prototype, mine has a fully modelled head, very much like those head bobbers that came out a while ago.

On 2004-08-27 17:15, martiki wrote:
Well, I can't remember where you're from, Svenny

What you are looking for is:
(German-Waterkantish:) Alles Guuddää zum Geburtstach!

Hummel Hummel!

Mo

Pages: 1 22 replies