Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Makes me wonder

Pages: 1 2 replies

Yesterday I saw Outr'e Gallery in Australia had two small Shag tiki themed paintings for sale. Both sold in less than 2 hours for $4,800 each. Makes me wonder what my Shag painting with three tiki's and Frank Sinatra would fetch in the open market?? Probably enough to completely customize my 65 Riviera!!

Makes me think you're one lucky cat for having an original piece.

65 Riviera happens to be one of my favorite Buicks, next to a 49 and the 52 (which I own). Plus they look wicked tricked out. I'd still say hold onto that Shag print, though. You'll always be able to get around to that Buick. You may have a damn hard time trying to find another origianl shag piece. Just my two cents.

T

Actually, to set the record straight, the 2 originals were $4100 US dollars, according to the email. That was really a fair price considering that most of Shags originals for his current shows have been ranging between $5-$9k at galleries. That is, if you're lucky enough to get called to purchase one. Personally, I like Shag's earlier work compared to some of the work he's doing today.

Pages: 1 2 replies