Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

eBay: Trader Pup's HUGE ultra Rare Mugs up for grabs! only 99 cents!!

Pages: 1 27 replies

Break open those piggy banks, turn in those aluminum cans, cash out the kid's college funds! The rarest of the rare mugs from my collection will start to go up for grabs!

Trader Pup's Rare Mug Blowout!

All mugs are fair game: I guarantee there will be no "auction ended early" arrangements made, so don't even attempt to ask!

Mahalo!

[ Edited by: traderpup on 2004-08-28 16:01 ]

auctions are open! Enjoy! :tiki:

Mahalo Trader Pup!

I've put a bid on, hope to win!

Good luck with all of your auctions! :)

T

SCHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONTIKI !! Beat to the punch on that one, dang!!

M

The rarest of the rare mugs from my collection will start to go up for grabs! *

Nothing to see there, folks. Just a few Tiki Leilanis and some chipped Harvey's Mai-Tai buckets. Absolutely nothing to see, don't even bother. Nope.

(Okay, that should do it. Now no one will look and I will win these most-coveted gems. Bwa ha ha ha...ha. Snicker)

Oh no! They can read my thoughts! Eeek. Must think of something else..blah blah blah, puppies, blah blah, pie!*

• apologies to "Kids in the Hall".

• All mugs are fair game: I guarantee there will be no "auction ended early" arrangements made, so don't even attempt to ask! *

Oh, you'll get attempts. I can pretty much guarantee that. Good luck Pup, those be some most righteous items. I will bid more for some of these than I have ever paid for a mug, by far. And I will not win a one.

midnite

Capt.Midnite I presume? :wink:

Geez Trader! I want so many of those mugs, why couldn't we have just traded??? Well, I guess it's time to break out the piggy bank.

T

One day left to bid! Auctions for Trader Pup's Once-in-a-Lifetime mug auctions ends Saturday about 3pm!

Bid high and bid often!

Mahalo!

A

Koala Charms and Dan Loves Tikis locked in a life and death struggle, who will emerge victorious from this ceramic bloodbath.

Pup, the big bids don't happen till the last minute. This mug is going over $500.00, easy.
Mahalo,
Al

99 cents my ass! :)

M

"Pup, the big bids don't happen till the last minute"

Beware the bidder you do not see...

midnite

Does anyone want to trade for a Schoontiki?

Wow, TrdaerPup, I've never even seen a photograph of a Zombie Village mug! I'm happy just to see that! (And I look forward to someday seeing the one you're keeping.)

(Ain't even gonna dream of owning one......)

(Unless I happen to marry danlovestikis or kohalacharms.....)

(yeah, riiiiight.....)

HRT

Traderpup, you gotta love that Kohalacharms AKA maxifac he really hates his money. I thought $400.00 would be enough.

mahalo

T

Is that a record? What is the most that has ever been paid for a tiki mug?

DZ

I sold a pair of mugs (well, glasses actually: Trader Vic's Port & Starboard lights) for $1300 a few years ago, but that only comes out to a measly $650 each - Pup, you got me beat! Congrats!! :)

M

$765? Is that all?

I'll take two, please.

"Is that a record? What is the most that has ever been paid for a tiki mug?"

I believe an "Elvis" Tiki Bob hit four figures. That was a while ago. The Kahiki mystery bowl would be the high auction I actually witnessed, but is that technically a mug? This mug beats the Tiki Bob I sold for an unholy amuont last year.

Well played... atomicchick, if I wasn't at work when that went down, it may have ended a little different :). Oh well, do you have any poli-tiki mugs left? I remember you were the only one I have seen selling some. Come to think of it your the only one I have seen selling any... I need the head of Nixon!!

Sorry Mike, I don't have any left. Yea, I was not planning to spend so much on the Schoontiki, but you know how that goes. You know how some women hide there new shoes from their husbands, I hide my tiki mugs. My collecting is getting out of control. Need to weed out some of my mugs (to make room for the new ones!)

OK, have they all sold out? I'm too late? Darn, darn, darn, darn, darn!

H

Well, I'm bummed to have been beaten by kohalacharms for that beautiful Zombie Village mug. TraderPup, if it hasn't already been packaged up, could you take some more pictures of it? Maybe I can wrap some hi-res photos around a tall collins glass and daydream.

You beat me as well, Pup! I got $700 for the first Trader Vic's voodoo grog I sold. I'm proud to have seen that Zombie Village mug in person at your Christmas party. Congrats.

Sabu

TB

Congrats TraderPup, you had a great ebay day! Is that going to be spending money for Hawaii?

K
Kono posted on Sat, Oct 22, 2005 10:08 AM

Here we go again. Strap yourselves in for the ride...

Another Zombie Village mug on ebay.

As far as mug design goes, the Zombie Village mug is actually not that ingenious. I wonder if collectors would covet it so much without knowing it's association/source, the seductive menu cover on page 4 of the BOT.

Once you have seen that, and then behold the mug, you "see" the whole eye candy scene in your mind, and the mug's minimalistic design suddenly becomes a fine example of stylish understatement.

Another example of how much fun it is to connect the pieces of the puzzle.

$898.88 for this week's Zombie Village!!!

Go edgeoftexas!

(my mortgage for a month.....)

I admit, I AM pleased someone made him pay so much. Heh.

Formikahini dear, that's your mortgage?!? Crap, mine's higher than a %$#*!! severed head mug. That does it. I'm moving to Texas. Not only will my mortgage be lower, I'll also be far more likely to find a severed head mug! :lol:

Well, not quite my mortgage!
But getting awfully damn close!

And I always add on more principal, so it's more like a severed head after all!!

And yes, you SHOULD move to Texas! Houston has the #1 cheapest housing among all the major cities in the US. And more restaurants per capita than any as well :wink:

(But we ain't got no Tonga Room, nor TV's, nor Conga Lounge, nor ......)

"Zazz captivates felt."

[ Edited by: Formikahini 2005-10-28 12:51 ]

Pages: 1 27 replies