Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Jamie's Flea Market in Northern Ohio

Pages: 1 10 replies

Aloha All,

I am making a trip to Northern Ohio this weekend and planning a visit to Jamie's Flea Market in Amherst/Lorain. Has anyone had any luck finding tiki items at this flea market? Any other suggestions for tiki finds in that area?

Thanks for any advice!!

I go there every sat. found some stuff but it's getting harder to find.where is west chester? TD

Tiki David,

West Chester is 20 miles north of Downtown Cincinnati, up I-75.

What kind of stuff have you found there? About all I find down Cincy way is the occasional mug, salt and pepper shakers and Lp's (both for display and for playing.

T

I feel for you guys - having lived in Cleveland for 24 years, and having scoured Ohio for Tiki, I can state that ever since the demise of Kahiki, the most Tiki you're likely to see in the entire state is at Tiki David's house!

P

If you can find ANYTHING at all from the Bali Hai in Canton... get it and sell it back to me.

mahalo!

OK, now I am really depressed. Is it really that bad or just bad in relation to what you might find in Florida or California?

By the way, anybody have an Arthur Lyman Taboo or Pele LP they want to part with?

I think I need a Mai Tai :)

I beg to differ. I live in columbus, and me and my friends find tiki stuff all the time. I've got so much stuff, I ran out of room and alot of times I now pass stuff by. its hit and miss, but it's certainly here. I also carve and sell tikis. jimmy.

T

And I can attest, MIGHTY FINE TIKIS TOO!!

TD

hey tikibars ,you never made it back to see the whole back yard set up.call next time in town before the fall tear down. scored,and built a lot mure stuff since your last visit. working on a 8'redeyed smoke belching fire beathing tiki in the back yard.gonna be awsome. TD

[ Edited by: TIKI DAVID on 2004-09-02 07:33 ]

T

On 2004-09-02 07:31, TIKI DAVID wrote:
hey tikibars ,you never made it back to see the whole back yard set up.call next time in town before the fall tear down. scored,and built a lot mure stuff since your last visit. working on a 8'redeyed smoke belching fire beathing tiki in the back yard.gonna be awsome. TD

I have no doubts it will be awesome.

Probably no trip to Cleve-O until next spring tho. I'll bring the rum for your spring opening party.

Then, it'll be a road trip to Columbus to scoop up Chisel Slingers abandoned leftovers!

TD

COOL,let me know ,i've got trucks TD

Pages: 1 10 replies