Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

Tiki Torch Nights Atlanta 9/18

Pages: 1 25 replies

This is the Hukilau Preview Party! If any of you are planning to travel down early to Ft. Lauderdale make this event your kickoff! $5 cover this time!!

*This is I Belli Di Waikiki's first performance as they hit the U.S
*Tongo-hiti Spectacular Tropicale performs at 11:30 with a show that will amaze you!
*Dames A'Flame Burlesque entices you with their version of a modern day Polynesian Floorshow and peform throughout the Tongo-hiti set
*Toniet gives away another Temptation Potion
*Swanky will spin has luscious grooves
*Tiki Artists
*Trader Vic's prizes raffled all night long!
*and much, much, more.....

Yee-Haw & Aloha,

The World of Tiki Kiliki

[ Edited by: tiki_kiliki on 2004-09-08 20:45 ]

Greetings!

Just booked my flight and will be attemding the pre-hukilau shows in at the 40 Watt club and at Trader Vic's. Look forward to meeting the Georgia Tikiphiles in their native territory...

see you then...Aloha!

Moi

T
TNTiki posted on Wed, Sep 8, 2004 9:46 PM

[ Edited by: TNTiki on 2004-11-06 17:57 ]

Great - look forward to seeing you both. This is going to be a fantastic show!

J
JTD posted on Thu, Sep 9, 2004 6:55 PM

Kiliki,
See you there!
JTD

Look forward to seeing y'all in Atlanta/Athens/Knoxville...

Anyone up for beignets at the Cafe Du monde in the atlanta underground as well...lol...man i love that place and short of the original Cafe Du monde in New Orleans, it will do in a pinch...

Moi

T

[ Edited by: TNTiki on 2004-11-06 17:59 ]

Breakfast Sunday is great! I'll think of a place that we can all gather and sit together. Maybe a late breakfast - around 11:00am sound ok to everyone? I just couldn't make that 10:00am mark last time. We might take I Belli out to a couple of places after Tiki Torch Nights so I need that extra hour of beauty sleep.

S

And then the tiki convoy heads to Knoxville! TNTiki, Moi, I Belli and I. Oh man...

T

T

Just to let everyone know, this Tiki Torch Nights is in the Puka Room at Trader Vic's. We'll have a full program of events once you get there. We're experimenting with this area and creating more of a "Show" area since the bar area gets so conjested and overwhelming for the bartenders. Those of you whom attended the first Hukilau in 2002 will know what area I'm speaking of. You may want to plan to get there a little early and get a seat.

We've just discovered a hula troupe that happen to live about 25 miles outside of Atlanta! Hopefully we will be able to add them to the line-up that evening.

Just wait until you see the Tongo-hiti set!

I anticipate a trail of empty rum bottles stretching from Athens to Atlanta. Finding our caravan of tikiphiles wont be hard to track...LOL

see y'all in a few days...

Mahalo'z!

Moi

[ Edited by: drunk sailor on shore leave on 2004-09-15 14:17 ]

J
JTD posted on Tue, Sep 14, 2004 11:14 AM

On 2004-09-11 13:50, tiki_kiliki wrote:
You may want to plan to get there a little early and get a seat.

Kiliki,
This is my first time (blush), so do you mean before 6 p.m.?

JTD

Aloha JTD - let me assist you with you first time (he, he)

The actual entertainment is going to begin at 9:00pm. We anticipate a huge crowd for this one, probably around 400 people. We have painted the town Tiki in preparation for this Torch Night.

I would say, be there around 7-8ish to make sure you get a seat. The Atlanta crowd is so unpredictable so we never know if it's an early crowd or late crowd. It's been all of the above the past 5 months.

We're re-evaluating the space on Thursday evening to see what's the best plan of action for a larger crowd. Either way, plan to be there early!

S

I am not sure if I am going to make it. With so much preparation for Hukilau to do, and the prospect of driving through rain the whole way down and back, plus the TN vs. FL game on at 8PM, I may have to call off my DJing. It really depends on the weather. But if I stay here in Knoxville I can spend the night crushing more ice and squeezing limes for the arrival of I Belli di Waikiki and TNTiki and the local ohana!

T

[ Edited by: TNTiki on 2004-11-06 18:00 ]

S

TNTiki: Help calm TIki Kiliki's nerves and enjoy! She's going through all the daily crisis of Hukilau I am, AND she's doing TTN as well! This will be the most successful one yet, but it's a lot to deal with when she is leaving for Hukilau in a couple of days! I think the party will help, once it's finally here!

T

[ Edited by: TNTiki on 2004-11-06 18:02 ]

TNTiki -

Thanks so much for thinking of us! If I just get through this weekend I think I'll be ok. I'll count on you if I need some laughs on Saturday!

Yee-Haw & Aloha,

The World of Tiki Kiliki

[ Edited by: tiki_kiliki on 2004-09-17 07:59 ]

T

[ Edited by: TNTiki on 2004-11-06 18:03 ]

Hey Y'all,,,

Great seeing y'all at the Trader Vic's in Atlanta. Gettin' up the following morning was a bit of a chore but the night before was a blast!

See y'all in Fort Lauderdale!

Christie,,,Your tops in my book! The boys had a blast!

Ciao!

Moi

T

[ Edited by: TNTiki on 2004-11-06 18:05 ]

Here's a link to Degenerate Press and their take on Tiki Torch Nights 9/18!

http://degeneratepress.com/the_vaults/tongo_hiti_9_2004/index.html

T

[ Edited by: TNTiki on 2004-11-06 18:07 ]

On 2004-09-29 07:16, tiki_kiliki wrote:
Here's a link to Degenerate Press and their take on Tiki Torch Nights 9/18!

http://degeneratepress.com/the_vaults/tongo_hiti_9_2004/index.html

Mahalo TK for posting that, it was a fun thing to read and the pictures really captured how much fun it must be to be their in person.

Pages: 1 25 replies