Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

The Life In A Bungalo Tiki Lounge is Open

Pages: 1 10 replies

I've been working on the new Tiki section of Life In A Bungalo Digest for a while now, and I think it's as close to ready as it's gonna get until I get a picture of Chan's. The site now features interviews with Gecko, Tiki Diablo and a few reviews.

We'll be interviewing carvers and reviewing bars, restaurants and music. Please feel free to make any suggestions, or submit a release to the Tiki Tidbits section. I'll post info for any public event.

http://www.lifeinabungalo.com/tiki.shtml

do you want pics of chan's? i have some.

Nice looking site, cool interviews.

Keep up the good work.

Just to let you know under tiki tidbits you spelled Hukilau wrong.

T

Great interview with da braddah Gecko! Great interveiw with Tiki DIABLOOOO!!! I think you need to do interveiws with the following. Flounder, Benzart, Humuhumu, Hanford, Bong, Chongolio, so many more to name, all da greats of the tiki ohana.

Thanks for the kind words. I corrected the spelling error. I really shouldn't be writing this stuff at 3 in the morning. I'll have a new interview up at least once a month. We're working on an Ona Tiki one now, but the guys are a little busy.

Very cool site, liabungalow. And Captain Geck is a great start for interviews...one of the best there is..

K

Dude, if you're going to use images from HugeMagazine.com on your pages, you could at least give a link back to my site. :wink:

I

I enjoyed your interview with Gecko.

Gecko: ha, the things you can get with a pot of chicken adobo, eh? :)

Maybe we can exchange our moms' recipes.

kingslod,

I honestly didn’t know that background came from your site. I had a guy design the layout about a year and a half ago, and never really asked any questions. I’ll happily post a link up in Links section.

Sorry about that,

-g-

G
GECKO posted on Wed, Sep 1, 2004 12:44 AM

On 2004-08-31 14:52, Iolani wrote:
I enjoyed your interview with Gecko.

Gecko: ha, the things you can get with a pot of chicken adobo, eh? :)

Maybe we can exchange our moms' recipes.

I'll just have to bring a pot over because her recipe is "sum a dis and sum li'dat and dats it Mikol(Michael)" My favorite dish of my moms! gotta get it in a restaurant!!

good job on the website and interviews. I read some of the other interviews and look towards reading more on other artist.

Eh, my friend Squid somehow didn't get his props? That's my fault. when I say Tiki Farm I have to remember not everyone knows da behind da scenes sculptors like braddah Squid. he's da bomb! Tanks fo da bad ass sculpt braddah!

K

No harm...no foul. Hope I wasn't coming across too cranky! I've seen stuff from my site in newspaper ads! Kinda weird, but cool. I'm actually not adverse to appropriation. Thanx for the link. Good interviews on your site (and not just the Tiki)!

On 2004-08-31 15:13, liabungalo wrote:
kingslod,
I honestly didn’t know that background came from your site. I had a guy design the layout about a year and a half ago, and never really asked any questions. I’ll happily post a link up in Links section.
Sorry about that,
-g-

Pages: 1 10 replies