Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Surprise Party for Floratina 09/05/04 !

Pages: 1 30 replies

Shh, don't tell Tina, we're throwing a surprise birthday party for her this Sunday. It will be at Krustiki and Ookoo Lady's house in El Monte. (We're about a 10 minute drive from the Bahooka) Start 2:00 ish? Bring pot luck? Sleep over? Bring swim suits for the pool? Bring kids? Bring ukuleles and other misc. musical instruments and noise makers? YES YES YES YES YES! Blue pancakes? Uh, no. Well ok, if you insist.

There is a Metrolink station in El Monte, about a mile and a half from us. We'll pick you up if needed. Go to metrolinktrains.com for schedule.

Please post reply here to let us know if you're coming.

PS I hear there are a few other September birthdays, we'll celebrate them too. Heck, we'll drink to anything.

[ Edited by: ookoo lady on 2004-09-08 22:50 ]

Well, the surprise is out, you crazy Krustikis! For those of you who are not going out of town and are wanting to hang with other TCers in LA on this long weekend, Krustiki and Ookoo's is the place. Their compound is very well suited for what we do best - drink, swim and hang around the fire in the evening. It's literally just down the road from Bahooka, imagine that!

I'll be there -- not until around 5-6pm though. See y'all there!

H

I am in.

OL

Hey you TC people,
We've only had a few responses, and we're trying to figure out how much booze and food to have ready. (Huge quantities). Please let us know if you think you might be coming - even if it's just a "maybe". Hope to see all of you soon.

M

Would it be appropriate if I brought my kids? We would probably not stay all night.

TB

Utopiandreem & I will try to be there, might be alittle late though.

OL

It's OK to bring kids. Bring swimsuits for them for the pool.

K

Kids are welcome. Our only concern is the place is not really kid proof and somebody (most likly Krustiki, me) will have to keep an eye on the swimming pool. The Krustiki Compound is on a half acre lot. Lots of grass, the mowing type, orange trees, avocado trees, A very large area, to set up tents for a campout. Tiki Torches, yes some propane powered. Fairly large pool, diving board for those killer drunken cannonballs.
An elementary school across the street with plenty of skateboarding space, basketball courts. Coming late? Good, we plan on a late night. The neighbors will not complain of the noise because of the size of the place. We can make noise.
And did we mention fire. A couple of outdoor fireplaces. And remember, even though this party is on a Sunday, it is a three day week-end. It is a perfect place to make a Bahooka Run, enjoy it, and bam, a ten minute drive you are back at Camp Krustiki.
Bring your Ukes, guitars,drums,amps and your world famous wackiness.

Hey Hey Kids!

[ Edited by: Krustiki on 2004-09-02 15:29 ]

Sorry I didn't post earlier. (Was waiting on the outcome of MamaVintage's surgery.) But Atomic and I definitely want to make it if at all possible. How could we miss our sweet Miss Floratina's b-day! And you know Atomic loves those '"drunken cannonballs"!)

B

We will try to be there also! I will confirm as soon as it's 100%. Sunday is Mrs. Fury's birthday too so we may drag her wonderful sister along. Aloha.

F

I see that a couple of other Virgos have checked in here: Poly Pop (the 11th) and Vintage Girl (the 9th)!

Prayers going up for your mom's safe recovery, VG.

TB

On 2004-09-03 21:00, floratina wrote:
I see that a couple of other Virgos have checked in here: Poly Pop (the 11th) and Vintage Girl (the 9th)!

Utopiandreems is on the 12th.

Regretably I won't be able to make the festivities this weekend. But I wish you a very Happy Birthday Tina from one Virgo to another (I barely squeak by on the 21st).

B

100%. What shall we bring? We will be there about 5-7:00. Mrs. Fury's sister's bday is the 21st. We are taking her to the Bahooka for her first time and will be there after.

OL

Hi BongoFury and family, If you're going to the Bahooka first, you better bring a designated driver! Their drinks are sweet and sneaky!

Unfortunately, we will not be able to attend (due to my early morning Tuesday flight out of the country), but we wish to extend our happy birthday greetings to the wonderful, lovely, friendly, funny, kind Floratina, and to thank ooko lady & krustiki for organizing this.

Have fun,
Ran

TR

Cant make the party, however wanted to say Happy Birthday to Tina Tina Floratina! wishing you all that you wish for!
Aloha! :drink:

Sorry I ended up flaking, but it was another last minute trip back to the hospital for MamaVintage. (She just can't get enough of that place!) Many birthday wishes to the lovely and seductive Floratina. I expect a full report of the festivities on the morrow.

Sorry rocknrollgirl and I couldn't make it. We had plans with the family unit tonight, but we extend our best to floratina for a great birthday. May the rum flow freely to your belly.

[ Edited by: SON OF MOTHRA on 2004-09-06 01:32 ]

Happy Birthday Tina!!!

F

Thank you all for your kind words. The Krustikis really went out of their way to make this a great party.

Poly Pop, Dr. Z and Dolphin Tiki (Dolphina?), BongoFury and Mrs. Fury, Atomic Cocktail all made the trek from all over to Camp Krustiki on a very hot day. Amazingly, Tiki Bird, UDee and Humu showed up after an hours-long trip through the freakin desert! Ukers from Ookoo's circle strummed away and mai tais flowed. My djembe drum and Krustikis congas made their debut appearance. I had such a good time! Thank you all for making this a great birthday.

MANY more happy birthdays to you, dear Floratina!

-Weird Unc

Dang! Just got back in town and see that I missed it! Sorry Floratina Happy be-lated birthday, I see your a Virgo, me? My sign? I was born under a NO PARKING sign... Blessings for your new year.

MG

Happy birthday from the jungle of Mean Gene!

[ Edited by: MEAN GENE on 2004-09-06 21:37 ]

K

Huh? wha? There's still half a bottle of Agwa leftover! Where'd everybody go?

Thanks to all the people who came and helped celebrate. It was great seeing everybody, and we're enjoying the contributions to our bar. Voodoo Rum! Cuarenta y Tres! Ice! Grog Log! Dessert! Munchies! Humongous watermelon! Glass flower for garden! There was more, but I can't remember!

Those who stayed the night were treated to burgers, chicken wings, and Mai Tais for breakfast. Then there was the fierce testosterone-driven cannonball contest between Krustiki and Atomic Cocktail. The judges were too drunk to call a winner, and declared a tie. To be continued....

ookoo lady & Krustiki

Thanks to ookoo lady and Krustiki for a great party. For those that could not make it, you missed an incredible performance of the seahorses by Tina with additional narration by Dr.Z!

TB

Ookoo lady & Krustiki, thanks for hosting, you have a wonderful home!

Tbird.

M

Tina...
Happy Belated. Did you get the double decker pineapple upside down cake with bananna custard filling?????

I owe yah a slice...

MTK

T

Hey Tina, Happy Birthday with jetlag!
Next time will be around.

Tikifrog

H

Thank you very, very much to ookoo lady & Krustiki for hosting us at their tiki compound! It's a really lovely property, and perfect for parties. Floratina was positively aglow for her birthday party, and I really enjoyed meeting her new best friend, Candy.

Pictures to come.

Pages: 1 30 replies