Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

Seattle’s Rongorongo Room ~ Sept. 18

Pages: 1 14 replies

Calling all Jet City Mucky Mucks!

I’d like to extend an invitation to Seattle-area Tiki Centralites (or travelers to the area) to come by our home bar The Rongorongo Room on Saturday Sept 18 ~ say 7-ish~. for drinks, appetizers and dessert. I imagine this will be a low-key event in comparison to the Hoity Toity extravaganzas ~ but made all the more fun if you will attend!

If you’re already on the Official NW Territory Event Mailing List an email will be going out to you. If you’re not yet on that list, join up, and also email me for directions to my house

Well, I'm flying to Florida early the next morning, so I'll need to take it easy, but I'll be there! (I can only pray we don't see another one of Woffmutt's penguin/hedgehog debacles.)

If I'm not yet in custody I'll be there. It's the promise of dessert that hooked me.

P

Thanks for the invite, Selector Lopaka and I will both be there !

S

put me in for a late arrival, I'll be coming from a wedding way up north.

S

dogbytes...thanks for the invite! We will take a packing break and swing by...like monkey we have an early flight in the am! :)

D

yay! the Jetsetters will make a layover here in the Rongorongo Room! i am so excited to have you all here..

elicia

D

oh ack. seems i left off half the PNW list ~ but thats been fixed ~ evidently i am lame at cut and paste.

elicia

Dang! I was wrong about our flight -- we're actually flying out Saturday morning, so I can't make the Rongo rage. I hope there will be another one sometime soon.

We would love to come but we're going to be in California celebrating my wife's 30th birthday. If no one hears from me again it's probably because I didn't buy her a nice enough present!

D

argh, camera malfunction.. lost the incriminating pictures of Sandy and Miriam, but do have this somewhat goofy picture of Becky (she was not as toasted as this picture implies)

and a darling picture of Rob and Mimi

thanks for coming to our little bit of paradise in soggy Seattle!

elicia

W

I bailed on this invite with less than 24 hours notice. (At hing called "work' got in the way. Stupid work. Stupid money.)

Apologies were made to dogbytes, but I figured there should be a public record of my slip in etiquette.

However, just like a wayward dad heaping toys on the kids he never spends time with I have something nice for the Rongorongo Room. And it doesn't drink as much as I would have.

P

Selector Lopaka and I both had a great time at the Rongo Rongo Room ! Many thanks to our gracious hosts for the terrific mai tais and to-die-for coconut creme pie dessert. Looking forward to more Seattle area TC gatherings in the future. Sorry you missed it woofmutt, that darn work thing does get in the way sometimes !

really, no reason to stand on formalities ~ if you want to come over and hang out, just call! bring a fresh lime, we'll have the rest. we enjoy the company (and then we have the acceptable answer to that pesky "do you drink alone?" questionaire)

we have more pie left..but im home alone, and i dont know how much longer it will be safe!

e

S

I too, apologise for my absence... Left La Conner round 10 pm... by the time i got to where I would git off the freeway to git to your house, all I wanted was to go night night... a few glasses of wine and a long drive alone, makes Pea no fun...
Glad y'all had a good time!

Pages: 1 14 replies