Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Room 135...the beat goes on

Pages: 1 4 replies

We celebrated our wedding anniversary this weekend by making our yearly pilgrimage to the Half Moon Inn on Shelter Island for a coupla days of bliss. This year we checked in on friday afternoon and were told our room # was 135. We both looked at each other and smiled...this was a good sign. As it turned out we weren't wrong. Room 135 is on the ground floor with a lanai right next to the pool directly in front of the only tiki that faced our side and looked right into our room. We ran into MEAN GENE at the LaPalapa bar on saturday and hoisted a few. Went downtown to see the Producers on Sunday and returned just in time to catch David Byrne on the Humphrey's stage breaking into "Psycho Killer". I think there might be some kinda good mana connected wid dis 135 thing...but what do I know. When I checked out I told 'em we'll see yas next year and...oh yeah,we'd like room 135.

[ Edited by: Shipwreckjoey on 2004-08-31 02:19 ]

MG

Hey guys! It was great to see you. I was lucky someone let me through the gate into the pool area since I was just a wonderer and didn't even have a room. I just happened to be in the area after having a booth at the Point Loma Farmer's Market. You guys really made my day!!.... even though "Weence" was pist that I was having a mai tai without her. I ended up turning my phone off after the 3rd or 4th call. Sorry Lisa, I love you!

Thanks again for the tiki necklace MustDangSally!

H

Happy anniversary ShipwreckJoey..Hope you have a million more, and more and more and...

MG

I think maybe we'll stay there sometime and see a show. Do the rooms have BIG tubs?

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!

[ Edited by: MEAN GENE on 2004-09-01 23:43 ]

Thanks hiltiki & MG. Sorry to say all the rooms (Suites & Singles) I've stayed at there have small tubs and very spartan accommodations in that area. That's one of the things I like about Japan, even the tiniest hole-in-the-wall hotel room has a bathroom like a mini water park.

Pages: 1 4 replies