Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

The Forbidden Zone and Portland Pirate Festival

Pages: 1 0 replies

I shall now interrupt my posting hiatus to wax poetical about two very cool things...

Firstly - for you fans of the Forbidden Zone, you simply MUST buy multiple copies of the new DVD. The 6th dimension has never looked better - some serious TLC was taken with the transfer - no artifacts, no blips, and it's mastered in its original 16.9 aspect ratio - meaning for those of us with widescreen HDTV, it's freaking BEAUTIFUL! There are also multitudes of extras - outtakes, deleted scenes... even an interview with Queen Doris (Susn Tyrrell) - and they have the good taste to NOT show her newly amputated legs...

And the other topic - The "Festival De Piratas" last weekend at Bossanova in Portland... Wow. The pirate costumes were blindingly brilliant - including Mr. & Mrs. Tikimaxton's rogue-ish creations. Cap'n Bogg and Salty were a major highlight of the event. Picture 300 folks dressed up in pirate costumes pogoing to CB&S's rendition of the Toy Dolls' 'Nellie the Elephant.' Just brilliant. I'll be definitely firing up my dieselbeast to make the trek for their next show.

Anyway... as you were...

Pages: 1 0 replies