Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

Inexpensive Web Host Recommendations?

Pages: 1 9 replies

M

I know that we have a number of TC members who have lots of knowledge about web design. I am looking for recommendations for inexpensive yet quality web host for a couple of domains I recently purchased.

I am starting small so I'd like to find something good for less than $10 per month with some growth potential.

Thanks

H

I park my minor domains at Doteasy: http://www.doteasy.com

Free hosting with 10MB of space & 1G of traffic/month, and 10 email accounts with web mail access. If you were referred by someone else, they give you and your referrer an upgrade to 100MB of space; I've already received the upgrades, perhaps someone else here uses Doteasy and could use the upgrade? They make their money on the optional upgrades to the service--more traffic, ability to do scripting, etc. I've used them for years & years now, and have only very, very rarely experienced the most minor of problems--stunning, considering I'm not paying a thing for it.

p.s.-- forgot the most important part: no ads!

Critiki - Hundreds of tiki bars, Polynesian restaurants, and other sites of interest to the tiki traveller, collector or urban archaeologist

[ Edited by: Humuhumu on 2004-09-01 13:33 ]

Laughingsquid has special rates for artsy stuff (depending on what you're doing)

CCL is cheap too.

Hey Monk, I use http://www.novahosting.com
Their customer service has solved any problems I've encountered promptly. I use the Venus package. It works for me.

T

I used GoDaddy.com for both my sites and I love 'em. Cheap and they have excellent support.

S
Swanky posted on Wed, Sep 1, 2004 2:53 PM

I could host you cheap. Drop me an email and I can discuss terms and all that. Although, Humuhumu seems to have all options beat with free, unless you want cool extras like cgi script access, MySQL, lots of email space, stats, and those extras that come with a full blown hosting.

T

I'm one of the people that Humu sent over to doteasy.com.

It's been simple and hassle free.

Good hosting and cheeeep.

P
pablus posted on Wed, Sep 1, 2004 4:39 PM

I use fatcow.
We have about 15 sites we've put up there for $99.00 per year. It NEVER goes down.

I'm thinking about parking a few with Swanky though because I dig the Hukilau site and it seems to always work quickly as well.

UJ

GoDaddy is good, I use Directnic.com

S
Swanky posted on Wed, Sep 1, 2004 5:50 PM

My web host admin is also my best friend. He is obsessed with stopping spam and keeps mine down to maybe 1 a day. That's one on my 2 main sites and Hukilau catches a lot of attention. If that matters to you.

He also hosts http://www.Lileks.com That site gets in the area of 100-300,000 hits a day. Often gets slammed with 10,000 hits at once. His ingenious management has meant there has been less than one minute of downtime in the last 30 days and no crash or loss for any of us.

It's his name on the line and he's damned good at what he does. Imagine, a real person you can deal with who knows what they are talking about and fixes things!

Pages: 1 9 replies