Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

orange county mini crawl 4 ready to rock!! poll

Pages: 1 2 49 replies

Sorry, bad joke. no rock yet, but Bong, you up? It's time!!

...........?...........
.....the monkey is curious.....

I say yes, but not until October or later.
Ran

T

I'm up to it, but only as someone that just gets to show up and have fun, then split when it's over.

But the Smokin' M's would play!

On 2004-09-02 16:21, Tiki_Bong wrote:
I'm up to it, but only as someone that just gets to show up and have fun, then split when it's over.

But the Smokin' M's would play!

Crap!

I was thinking that since you (bong) are a college kid again and in the party mode, you'd take over and run with it. I'm busy as hell but we'll see what the future brings. Mele Klikimaka!

T

["I'm up to it, but only as someone that just gets to show up and have fun, then split when it's over."]

I'm sorry is any different from any other party?

Love you man!

Oooohhh...tempting...

I'd be up for a TC mini tiki bar STOOL crawl, where we move barstools every 30-40 minutes and order a new drink. Might save time on planning and money on renting a party bus...

Found the Ride for the gig!!

http://www.partylounge.net/

I'd been into a crawl. We'll play for free money.

R

Hey Ben, if you're in; them I'm in! Did I just say "urine"? I don't wanna be in that!

Woo Hooo! An O.C. Tiki Crawl, count Soccer Tiki and I in. Just think from Sam's to Billy's to Royal Hawaiian (with a few places in between)
P.S. Soccer Tiki's Tiki Bar would be a great place to start :)

We don't go to Billy's. We got kicked out and asked never to return on the last OC Crawl in '03.

And that would stop you, Bong? You are getting old, man!

I wouldn't go to Billy's because of their poor hospitality.

A

We are not going there ever again! They piss me off!
Mahalo,
S@P

On 2005-05-17 10:23, Tiki_Bong wrote:

I'd been into a crawl. We'll play for free money.

On the Party Lounge?

http://www.partylounge.net/

DZ

On 2005-05-17 18:37, Traderpup wrote:
And that would stop you, Bong? You are getting old, man!

I wouldn't go to Billy's because of their poor hospitality.

Yeah, but their glasses are cool - 'specially if you can make off with one (Right, Spike??) :wink:

S

HEY! HO! LET'S GO!

Nice ride, Ben. We would never have to leave the bus! Woo hoo!

Let's do it!

How bout next Christmas?

On 2005-05-18 22:10, RevBambooBen wrote:
How bout next Christmas?

I'm there like Bamboo on a Ben!

I'm in if it can be the weekend of Santacon - typically 2nd weekend in december I think (I'm down there for work x-mas party anyway). Can there be a Disneyland trip involved?

R

Is that THIS Christmas or NEXT Christmas, Ben? I'm confused.

DZ

Y'know, I'd take another Beach Burn (or two) over a crawl any day...

CA

burn baby burn!!!!.... before june gloom short daylight hours... hury hury....

ben has lots o shit to burn... and shit in general

bamboo BBQ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! tiki on a stick!

Yeah, a beach burn sounds right...

OK, take the old man's way out.

D

No SPF! Let it BURN! That's all I do when I go to the beach anyway...

R

On 2005-05-19 17:31, crazy al wrote:
burn baby burn!!!!.... before june gloom short daylight hours... hury hury....

ben has lots o shit to burn... and shit in general

The Beach, The Beach, The Beach is on Fire.
We Don't Need No Water, Let The Mother Fer Burn! Burn, Mother Fer, Burn!

***** NOTE *****

I strongly suggest some new OC/LA/Riverside area TC member pick up the ball on this one and move it forward.

Long before you were here, us oldies set up many a TC party. We'll tell you stories about the good ol' days round the fire.

Now, show us you're even worthy of TC membership and plan a beach burn!

R

I would be happy to be part of the planning of a beach burn. Hell, I'm off all summer and will be at the beach everyday anyway. That being said, does anyone out there know if any of the local Southern California beaches allow alcohol? I know HB and all of the state beach strickly forbid it and the fines are steep.

[ Edited by: Riptide on 2005-05-20 18:25 ]

On 2005-05-20 16:22, Riptide wrote:
I would be happy to be part of the planning of a beach burn. Hell, I'm off all summer and will be at the beach everyday anyway. That being said, does anyone out there know if any of the local Southern California beaches allow alcohol? I know HB and all of the state beach strickly forbid it and the fines are steep.

Riptide, I love your enthusiasm!

But first, a couple of points: 1) there is no such thing as a rip tide, it's a rip current, 2) I don't want you to be a 'part' of the planning, I want you to plan it; I'll help you with a few tips for $339.59, 3) you are right that HB does not allow alcohol due to some inlanders blowing it for us locals, but we have ways around the obvious, and 4) if you're at the beach everyday, look me up and will paddle out for a wave or two as I'm in the water most days at 6:30.

D

On 2005-05-20 20:02, Tiki_Bong wrote:

But first, a couple of points: 1) there is no such thing as a rip tide,

ohyeah, then who are these guys? Riptide ~

i'm a television idiot savant... joe penny was dreamy!

TM

Where's Orange County?

R

But first, a couple of points: 1) there is no such thing as a rip tide, it's a rip current, 2) I don't want you to be a 'part' of the planning, I want you to plan it; I'll help you with a few tips for $339.59, 3) you are right that HB does not allow alcohol due to some inlanders blowing it for us locals, but we have ways around the obvious, and 4) if you're at the beach everyday, look me up and will paddle out for a wave or two as I'm in the water most days at 6:30.

Tiki Bong -
Thanks for the encouragement, advice, knowledge and invite. As to your post:

1. I know there really isn't a "Riptide", except for the wonderful TV show in the early 80's (Thanks DogBytes). But Rip Current as a nickname just didn't flow off the tongue so well.
  2. I originally had my post saying that I would be happy to plan it, rather than help, but then I didn't want anyone to think I was stepping on their toes, so I changed it to help. And I won't pay a dime over $339 even for your help. Gotta draw the line somewhere.
  3. I'm always looking for ways around the obvious.
  4. I would love to join you and paddle out. Tomorrow, I leave for NY, Philadelphia, and DC with 61 8th graders (Hopefully we will return with at least half.) I'll PM you when I return to take you up on your offer.

Thanks again for welcoming me into the ohana.

We just burned an entire truck load of scrap Bamboo the other nite. Bummer.

On 2005-05-20 21:06, Riptide wrote:

4. I would love to join you and paddle out. Tomorrow, I leave for NY, Philadelphia, and DC with 61 8th graders (Hopefully we will return with at least half.) I'll PM you when I return to take you up on your offer.

8th graders? Are you insane? If you tried to take my 8th grade class across the street you'd've lost a few, and half the rest would've come back drunk.

Doheny State Beach allows you to have alcohol at Sites A & B (these sites are for 100-500 people) Checkout http://www.dohenystatebeach.org for more information :) Woo Hooo!!

H

Woo Hooo!!!!

Woo Hoo !!!

A beach burn at doheny would be cool.

Soccer Tiki and I would be more than happy to be on the planning committee too!
-Woo Hoo :wink:

I tink it time to tart anodder post on dis sebject( Woo Hoo Wahines BEACH BURN @ DOHENY!!!). Me be Berry Berry Bizzy. Take it away and hab a berry berry fun BURN!!!

Huh Huh ya! Fire Fire!! Huh Huh .

BURN DOHENY BURN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

H

:drink: Doheny yeah! Woo Hooo!

Damn People,
Doheny has a great campground.
Let's make it Tiki Central's FIRST Tiki Tent Crawl!
Each campsite has a signature drink like the Oasis room crawl. The only thing to plan is a campsite reservations.
Woo Hoo !!! Unga In!!

Woo Hooo! Thumbs up for Doheny!!! Unga let me know what Soccer Tiki and I can do :)

On 2005-05-24 22:05, WooHooWahine wrote:
Woo Hooo! Thumbs up for Doheny!!! Unga let me know what Soccer Tiki and I can do :)

WooHoo, Another thing that I forgot to state was, Doheny is booked Solid. I believe they sell out before any other (area) campground in OC.

Unga maybe we can plan a Fall Doheny Camp Crawl?? But definately some sort of Summer Tiki Beach Party needs to be planned soon :)
Woo Hoo!!

Pages: 1 2 49 replies