Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Music

Any more downloads?

Pages: 1 4 replies

F

I'm trying to collect a bunch of tiki music for a party I'm throwing for my wife soon. I know there are a lot of music downloads in the Agie Pupil thread, but are there any others on this site or the computers of it's members, that I could throw on a disk? Anything at all would be greatly appreciated.

HK

Hey ther Finkdaddy,
If you'd like, my band, HAOLE KATS!!! has a few songs posted on our website that you might find appropriate for your CD. You should be able to right-click and save the files to your computer...you can find the links here:

https://tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=10568&forum=11&8

I hope this helps.

Josh

F

Actually, I've already done that, and I LOVE them!! Thank you for the music, It will be enjoyed by all my family and friends. Make more! Make more!

T

Lots of Denny / Baxter / Sumac / Lyman stuff is still not TOO hard to find on legit CDs from all the usual sources (Amazon, your local record store, etc).

In this currently chaotic music marketplace, a good rule of thumb is to pay for any music that you can get legitmately, and only download (from non-pay sources) stuff offered for free by the artist, or stuff absolutely unavailable from legit sources.

Now, that hapa haole stuff doesn't show up on legit CDs too much... hence guilt-free uploads/downloads from the Agie Pupil thread of a few weeks ago!

(PS - FinkDaddy, I wasn't implying that you specifically would do anything unethical - I just though I'd use this opportunity to throw out a general PSA from someone in the currently deeply suffering music biz!).

I understand, I too was a musisian for many years. In fact, I just bought a bunch of Martin Denny stuff, and have some Don Tiki ordered. I just thought there might be more stuff here like the talented Haole Kats to get my paws on.

Pages: 1 4 replies