Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Music

The Moon-Rays' new CD

Pages: 1 6 replies

I already posted news about this CD, THE GHOULS GO WEST, when it was first released a little while ago, but in the Main Discussion area. Not sure why I did that or how it got to stay there, but thought I should play it safe and post this update in the Music forum where it belongs.

For those interested in killer surf/spy/monster/lounge jazz music, here is a great track by track review of their latest album, which features the full length version of my "Thrillville" theme song:

http://gammillustrations.bizland.com/monsterkid5/review.html

Thanks for the link. That's high on my to buy list. Also the link including details on the DVD release of Freaks....a fantastic film. Please watch it it you haven't already.

And as an aside watch Withnail and I. great film, takes a few times to get into it but very quotable dialoge....'I feel unusual' etc

[ Edited by: Kon-Hemsby on 2004-09-05 13:01 ]

The Moon-Ray are a great band. I've even had the pleasure of hanging with Scott at Hala Kahiki--a great tiki bar in the Chicagoland area. He is one cool cat! I play the Moon-Rays all the time on my Bachelor Pad Radio Show http://www.javasbachelorpad.com/radio.html. A must for fans of horror/surf/spy/exotica/go-go music.

Keep Swinging!

[ Edited by: javabachelor on 2004-09-05 21:03 ]

Let the Truth be known: JavaBachelor and I were separated at birth. We both live our lives according to the Beatnik Cocktail Gospel set forth by CAD: A HANDBOOK FOR HEELS (Feral House - read, study, learn, lead by example.). All lounge cats and sex kittens must visit his site, it's one of my favorites and a leading net resource for all things Cool 'n' Crazy.

ps I've seen "Freaks" of course but missed "Withnail," though I've heard a lot about it, will check it out too, thanks.

[ Edited by: AquaZombie on 2004-09-06 11:58 ]

LOL. But you're the lucky one. You got Scott and the Moon-Rays gang to write you a theme song. (And a super swinging theme song at that!) I'm still working on it. During our recent annual Hala Kahiki visit, I think I was one Mai Tai shy of getting Scott to agree to something. There's alway next year. :wink:

Keep Swinging!
Java

On 2004-09-06 11:57, AquaZombie wrote:
Let the Truth be known: JavaBachelor and I were separated at birth. We both live our lives according to the Beatnik Cocktail Gospel set forth by CAD: A HANDBOOK FOR HEELS (Feral House - read, study, learn, lead by example.). All lounge cats and sex kittens must visit his site, it's one of my favorites and a leading net resource for all things Cool 'n' Crazy.

The really cool and weird part of it is - I didn't ask them to, they just offered! And I never even met these cats! We're email pals now, of course - they just came upon my site a while ago, got in touch with me,and next thing ya know, they're sending me this ultra-swank demo asking if I'd like to use it for my gig. It was just a one minute jingle, much more Esquivel-y than the album version,but tailored strictly for me, which they decided to record in a full length version much later. I think Scott had this tune sorta forming in his head when he somehow found "Thrillville" while surfing the net, and something creatively clicked. Just one of those things, those coo coo crazy things.

Indeed.......a very good album. These guys sure mix it up.

Pages: 1 6 replies