Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

What a Trip (or Is Bong the Tiki Messiah)

Pages: 1 5 replies

Now check this - the Smokin' M's are playing across the street from my house at my neighbor's yearly wild-ass luau.

As we're packing the equipment up, I hear over the roar of the crowd the name of my birthplace - Tiki Central!

I drop everything (luckily it wasn't my guitar) and focus on the kindered soul that mentioned those precious words.

I walk up towards her, as a beam of divine light illuminates my path. I say "tell me child of tiki, who art thou", to which she says - Tikiholic!

Man, or man (or woman), what are the chances that we play a non-descript luau and a fellow TC member is in attendance? (statistically speaking it's 1 in 832,038,273.110485 - but who's counting).

So I says to myself "self, there must be some sort of tiki divinity going on here. Why is it everywhere I go, someone in the tiki world is there. Is it me? Am I the tiki messiah (in a non-religious way)?".

Then I ponder further "if I am the tiki messiah, does that mean my dad really didn't impregnate my mother?".

Then I stop the non-sensical pontification as I realize I'm standing in the middle of the street with my PA speakers, and a 1992 Ford F-150 is bearing down on me...

(Anyways, great to meet Tikiholic and her significant other.)

T

[ Edited by: TNTiki on 2004-11-06 15:14 ]

UB

Bong, is that you?

Z

On 2004-09-05 11:27, Tiki_Bong wrote:
Now check this - the Smokin' M's are playing across the street from my house at my neighbor's yearly wild-ass luau.

A luau just for wild asses? Finally!

[ Edited by Humuhumu to fix BBCode ]

[ Edited by: Humuhumu on 2004-09-05 19:02 ]

On 2004-09-05 11:27, Tiki_Bong wrote:

Then I ponder further "if I am the tiki messiah, does that mean my dad really didn't impregnate my mother?".

I tink dats what ya call yer emmaculate contraception.

Behold the Son of Ku!

S

Man oh man, when my Band takes off, I'm movin' to the coast, YOUR coast! (It rains too much on ours). Love that pic.

Pages: 1 5 replies