Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

Grout Jokes

Pages: 1 12 replies

Anybody seen any quality in this realm of mirth? (For those who may not know) It's like graffitti...tiny messeges between the tiles. Often puns

"The Grout Gatsby."
"Frosted Flakes, they're grrrrout!"
"Twist and Grout."
"Grout, damned spot!"
"All a-grout Eve."
"The Groutsiders."
"sigh Writing in the cracks is so infanTILE."

[ Edited by: Gigantalope on 2004-09-06 11:14 ]

M

Wow, I didn't know that existed anywhere else...The men's room on the main floor of the main library at UCSC is packed with these. I wish I could remember some.

M

Grout Expectations

When in grout...

...pun(t)!!

C

I am going to change my name to....

Tiki Grout

Martiki, I found grout jokes on campuses across California. i think there is evena book out.
Some I that I remember;

Groutful Dead
Grout balls of fire
Grout it at the Devil

Groutholio

[ Edited by: Chongolio on 2004-09-07 21:17 ]

T

I had never heard of this, but I love it!

(It's pronounced groot, eh?)

UT

Don't you love girls with grouty lips?

UB

On 2004-09-08 09:21, tikifish wrote:
(It's pronounced groot, eh?)

Like trout tikibaby. :)

On 2004-09-08 09:34, Unga Bunga wrote:
Like trout tikibaby. :)

Not in Canadia.

-Z

In 'n' groutburger

H

Gigantalope, thank goodness you edited your original post to elaborate on what was meant by "grout jokes!" I thought perhaps you'd gone off the deep end. I've never seen these before, I'll have to spend more time in mens' rooms. :)

there's a restaurant in baltimore where the restroom walls are painted with this stuff that makes the walls into giant blackboards. usually there's chalk in there. several times i've drawn a huge moai saying "www.tikicentral.com." despite the lack of tile i'll have to come up with some grout-eque references...

J

Someone wrote "Grout! Grout! Let it all out!" in the bathroom at the Bomb Squadron restaurant in Sarasota (near the venerable BaiHai Hut) back in the 80s. It was back in the Tears For Fears era, of course, and they had a great little new wave dance club on Thursday nights...

Pages: 1 12 replies