Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

Hi guys

Pages: 1 8 replies

Im an old shooler on the internet. Im a moderator of 4 car performance sites and car detailing sites.

Im a virtual noob to tiki. Bought my first tiki here in Florida where I live, about 5 years ago. I believe it was a earlier Mai Tiki specimen. It spawned a growing interest in all things tiki and polynesian. My acute interests lead to many internet searches, which eventually uncovered this site. I have been lurking here infrequently for some time. Im glad to find that there are so many others that share my interests and decided to register.
Also because Im quite bored. Hurricane has me surfing the net on my Mac, powered by my generator.

Hehena Haole= Crazy Caucasian
a.k.a.- Mark

[ Edited by: Hehena Haole on 2004-09-06 18:12 ]

[ Edited by: Hehena Haole on 2005-01-08 10:24 ]

Well welcome aboard Hehena Haole. Glad to have you here.

Welcome Hehena Haole! What are the names message boards that you moderate? I'd like to check them out too.

Thanks a lot for the welcome guys. I hope to learn much from you.

PolynesianPop, here are some sites that I mod:

Warning: These are primarily Ford SVT (Special Vehicle Team) sites. If youre not a Lightning or Cobra owner, you will find many of these guys highly obnoxious. I tune SVTs from all over the US, and while I understand their sickness, most people do not. Performance sites also tend to be a little brutal among members.

[ Edited by: Hehena Haole on 2004-09-08 15:58 ]

[ Edited by: Hehena Haole on 2004-09-08 15:58 ]

[ Edited by: Hehena Haole on 2005-01-08 10:06 ]

T

Hehena Haole,

The Hawaiian language places the adjective after the noun, hence you're name would more correctly be Haole Hehena (but so what).

Nothing like a '71 351 Cleveland Fastback eh?

Of course I would be backwards. Why wouldnt I?
Just goes to show you how crazy I am. I cant even command the english language. What the hell was I thinking?
Thanks for the correction, man. Im learning here already.

I'll wear the brand anyway. You can all call me "Backwards" for a nick. Or dumbass. Im not sensitive..... :)

Performance sites also tend to be a little brutal among members

Yeah, you're not joking. I was a member of a number of different boards including HAMB. I got so fed up with the member bashing that I don't even bother anymore. If you post a tech question you may get a straight answer, but you'll also get a bag load of crap for even asking the question. I'm a GM guy myself, and I'm more into the vintage speed stuff than the newer high tech SVT stuff you're working on, but I'm still glad to see a fellow gearhead up on here that's hip on the tiki culture.

Aboard welcome!

To meet you pleased!

But seriously, cool name.

I'll be headed to the Mai Kai December 9-11, I'll buy ya one!

SOM, I quit going to many sites. Some I even moderated. They had just degenerated into bloodbaths. It all kinda sucks the fun out of the hobby.

GT, Im owned. If youre buying.....Im damn sure drinkin.

Pages: 1 8 replies