Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

t.g.o.r.

Pages: 1 12 replies

T

When the night came again it was black night, for the stars cound not pierce the dust to get down, and the window lights could not even spread beyond their own yards.

Now the dust was evenly mixed with the air, an emulsion of dust and air. Houses were shut tight, and cloth wedged around doors and windows, but the dust came in so thinly that it could not be seen in the air, and it settled like pollen on the charis and tables, on the dishes. The people brushed it from their shoulders.

Little lines of dust lay at the door sills.

I

I closed my eyes, only for a moment, and then the moment was gone. All my dreams, passed before my eyes, a curiosity

The same old song, just a drop of water in an endless sea. All we do, crumbles to the ground, though we refuse to see.

Dust in the wind, all we were is dust in the wind.

Vern (not in Kansas anymore)

Bong? Were you surfing in the crap today??

TM1

Dust bowl okies!!!!!

On 2004-09-07 10:54, tiki mick wrote:
Dust bowl okies!!!!!

2 points for guessing it was Grapes of Wrath Tiki Mick (an Okie tiki lover would be Tiki Hick).

the wonderful thing about t.g.o.r.s

is t.g.o.r.s are wonderful things

"They're Okie-Chokie, Okey-Dokey, Fun, Fun, Fun, Fun, Fun"

TM1

Ya trained me well, Bong!!

Have you read "cannery row"??????

That's a very good book!

On 2004-09-07 12:42, tiki mick wrote:

That's a very good book!

Is that the one where they kept the canneries in the kitchen to see if the 'Fridge leaked?

(Strangely, now I'd like a Beer Milkshake...)

TM1

I don;t remember that part about the fridges, but I remember the beer milkshake, the dead girl in the tide pool, the old chinaman who the little boy looked close at and then saw a strange vision of a strange land filled with mountains shaped like dog's heads and other wierd shit!!

The book just frightened me completley, and I don't know why!

ed rickets is my idol

On 2004-09-07 12:42, tiki mick wrote:

That's a very good book!

How 'bout 'Tortilla Flats"? This is a side of John Steinbeck I believe all TCers could appreciate. It's about a group of friends who lack any motivation other than to spend most of the day looking for, and then consuming, whatever wine they could afford, steal, or talk somebody out of.

Oddly enough, I've never read 'Grapes of Wrath' in its' entirety...maybe now I will.
Thanks Bong

Oddly enough, the thing I remember most about T.G.O.R. is that they drove a Hudson, and not only were Hudsons common then, but they were easy to get parts for, and apparently, it was rather easy to replace a spun piston bearing on them in the middle of the night with nothing but a crescent wrench. Sure wish my Buick was that easy.

Pages: 1 12 replies