Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Music

eBay: Shag art print Departure: Idlewild, Stopover: Borneo, Arrival: Ape City SOLD OUT Limited editi

Pages: 1 13 replies

Rare, SOLD OUT , limited edition of 150, print by the Great Low-brow Artist SHAG. The print measures 39W by 14.5H. Item was purchased new in 1999 and has been stored in a safe storage tube ever since, it is not damaged in any way, and has never been framed. Shag never reissues his limited edition prints so this may be your last chance to own this one, considered by many to be among his best.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=3746986447

M

RussHamel,

Welcome to Tiki Central. Thanks for posting about your SHAG.

[ Edited by: MachTiki on 2004-09-07 10:22 ]

R

I sold this item in 30 minutes!

M

Cooool

[ Edited by: MachTiki on 2004-09-07 10:22 ]

T

Welcome, introduce yourself, chat a lil, enjoy what is here to see. :)

[ Edited by: Tiki-Toa on 2004-09-07 08:19 ]

H

Welcome, RussHamel, and thanks for giving TCers a heads-up about your auction. You've done nothing improper.

Folks, here's what Hanford has said in the past about people coming here to only post about eBay auctions (here's a little hint: he WANTS people to do that, and DOESN'T want us to make them feel bad about it!):

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=4959&forum=6&vpost=45770

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=4251&forum=5&vpost=39273

T

SORRY HUMU!

TC

& russle if you got any other interesting things to sell, please don't hestitate to post!

and give us first refusal? Well at heads up at least.

Mahalo

T

[ Edited by: TNTiki on 2004-11-06 15:36 ]

F
foamy posted on Tue, Sep 7, 2004 1:42 PM

All three for $500? Somebody got a deal.

Whoops, I read it wrong. Lithography.

[ Edited by: foamy on 2004-09-07 13:44 ]

R

Intro...

well, let's see. I am an Art teacher living in Texas. I became involved in the tiki/retro/lounge culture like most people, through the mid and late 1990's Mid-Century Modern culture revival. I won't have a lot of tiki-specific itemes for sale, but I will have a bunch more general retro items, and I will try to keep everyone here updated on that. I would rather sell to the hardcore (or is it loungecore?) enthusiast first before offering it to the general public. I am also interested in the 1962 Seattle World's Fair, and may be offering some items related to that event soon. I am also a member of the "Progress City" yahoo group (although I'm almost exclusively a lurker there). I'm looking forward to participating in this group.

M

Thanks for the intro Russ. Pleasure to meet you and we all look forward to your participating as well as seeing your wares.

[ Edited by: MachTiki on 2004-09-07 15:08 ]

On 2004-09-07 07:25, RussHamel wrote:
I sold this item in 30 minutes!

No wonder. This has been one of Shag's most sought after prints. It's gone for nearly $2000 in the past, though I doubt it would have gone nearly that high now.

Welcome to TikiCentral!

Pages: 1 13 replies