Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

Hukilau stuff

Pages: 1 7 replies

S
Swanky posted on Tue, Sep 7, 2004 1:33 PM

Okay, in less than 2 weeks, many of you will be heading for Hukilau. For me it will be about a week. I wanted to give out a few last minute thoughts. There will be a news email with the sort of important stuff.

#1) Please watch your drinking! Eat a nice big meal before you drink, pace yourself, etc. Far too many people were miserably hung over last year and just sort of ruined their weekend. There is a restaurant in the Bahia Mar and Cabana and you should make damn sure you have a full meal in your stomach before you get to the Friday night show. That's number 1 with a bullet!

#2) Bring your confirmation number with you to the desk to check in. Your name may be spelled all sorts of wrong, but if you have that number, they can pull you up right away. It just makes everything faster.

#3) Have the best damn time ever. I want to have a great time this year too. My best friend from Minneapolis is coming down so we can toast our 40th year on Earth together at the Mai Kai and lots of other new and old friends. I look forward to the great times. This year has been especially miserable for Kiliki and I, and it's made doing this that much tougher. It ain't the money that makes us endure this (heh, money? What money?), it's you guys. Having the best party with the best people makes me go through this ordeal called Hukilau.

For those that were there last year, you know what I mean when I say this year is going to top last year. Part of that is what we have planned, but most of that is the ohana.

A week from tomorrow "I Belli di Waikiki" arrives in Atlanta and the party gets rollin'. It'll be the start of one incredible time!

p.s. Coconuts!

#1) Please watch your drinking! Eat a nice big meal before you drink, pace yourself, etc. Far too many people were miserably hung over last year and just sort of ruined their weekend. There is a restaurant in the Bahia Mar and Cabana and you should make damn sure you have a full meal in your stomach before you get to the Friday night show. That's number 1 with a bullet!

Ouch! I just got shot!! Who had time to be hung over last year? C'Al and I just stayed drunk the whole time!!! Ask Holden!!

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!

p.s. CHASER !!! The little red pill!!!!

Thank God for redbull so I can try to keep up with you animals. Good thing I'm unleashing my bro Tone Bone, who can definately consume mass quantities, and is noted to have a (removable) titanium liver for just this type of occaision. His motto: "we're only here for the beer and we ain't leavin 'til we're heavin!"
...may Lono have mercy on our souls...

"#2) Bring your confirmation number with you to the desk to check in. Your name may be spelled all sorts of wrong, but if you have that number, they can pull you up right away. It just makes everything faster."......uummmmm, yyeeeaaahhh, i kinda already lost that..lol!....thanks for the heads up though, guess ill call the bahia mar now to try to get that.......

CA

Bring your con.#......
just a reminder I'm only bringing a box of 15 with me!
Crazy AL Tiki#13 "Keeper of the Charm"
limited edition of 250 ceramic Tiki Farm MUG!!!!
http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=10944&forum=5&7
$35 with out paying shipping...

the first 15 folks to email me will get these mugs
I'm not vending so if there is soming on my sight you want i'll bring it with me
you will have to email me before Wed. AM!

other orders will be shipped after the Hukilau in FL, two weeks
Thanks!
STAY TIKI !!
[email protected]

Hey C'Al,
Good to hear you're going to there !! I have an "Ape live at Conga Lounge" DVD for you. I brought it over at Otto's show, but I didn't see you. I'll make sure to bring it with me to Fl. See ya there...

CA

i got there fashionably too late... thanks for the DVD!!

M

OK---Everybody chant "no rain for the cruise, no rain for the cruise!"

Thursday: A mix of clouds and sun with the chance of an isolated thunderstorm in the afternoon. High 88F. Winds ENE at 15 to 25 mph. Chance of rain 30%.

Pages: 1 7 replies