Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

1950's America new site

Pages: 1 3 replies

S

Kiliki and I have been collecting pictures for a while. I just got a digital camera and took some pictures yesterday and made the first page in what should be a large section of The Swank Pad site.

Check out the first installment HERE

Haven't looked around your site in awhile, Swanky. Those pictures from Better Homes and Gardens are great, as are the new roadside photos.

[ Edited by: Kailuageoff on 2002-09-13 14:45 ]

Swank- Really appreciate the pics!
Running around the county doing whatever it is I'm doing that week, I tend to run across a bunch of older structures and neat old hotels off the older highways. I never seem to have time to stop and click a pic, but I think in the future, I will start doing just that.

I HAVE to invest in a REAL digital camera! All I have now is my little pen cam.

Thanks for the post!

-C.
:sheckymug:

S

I try to make the BHG book scans my lunchtime project. A page a day when the broadcast doesn't take up lunch.

The roadside stuff has been in the works for a while. As I get older, and see things I love disappear, I really appreciate things more. And part of that is what we pass on the road almost every day, or while traveling. I am pretty determined to document it.

Roadside Peak (Peek?) is a good site, but they lack a bit. Not enough info. Small pictures, etc.

I also want to have something new on the site for anyone who visits weekly. I plan to start a page to direct you to what's new. Look for it in stores soon! Or something like that.

I think we have a backlog of sign pictures to add. Soon. Soon.

Pages: 1 3 replies