Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Tiki Water Bottle

Pages: 1 18 replies

T

Yes, you heard right. Recreational Equipment, Inc. has tiki water bottles. What next? Check them out @ http://www.rei.com/online/store/Search?vcat=REI_SEARCH&stat=7889&langId=-1&storeId=8000&textQuery=bison+bottle

T

Bison Designs Backcountry Master Tiki Lexan Bottle
$9.95 Item 714332

At least they look somewhat orginal

TB

The red one kinda looks like Wes's Shaka Tiki. Might have to get one for my mountain biking, just need a cycling tiki jersey to go with it!

P

I say mask off the eyes and mouth, paint 'em with spatterstone paint, and put a flickerbulb in them!!!!

Talk about easy projects with a big bang / buck!!!!

Now those are cool bottles.
Thanks for posting that!

10 x cooler than the cylindrical ones at target!

the red one painted gold would semi resemble the idol indiana jones tries to swipe at the beginning of raiders o.t.l.a...

T
TNTiki posted on Wed, Aug 4, 2004 4:56 PM

[ Edited by: TNTiki on 2004-11-06 17:09 ]

P

Wouldn't the bulb melt the plastic?

Well, sometimes I these bright ideas and don't think them all the way through...

But, a flicker bulb is like only five watts, and if you leave the top open I think you should be safe. Think of all those Christmas / Halloween decorations that are similar. But, yeah, to be safe, you might want to test it out first. I'd hate for somebody to try one of my half-baked ideas and burn their chiki down!

The reaction I got when I showed these to my honey was:

"Sweet! They'll fit on my water purifier!"

At least he likes 'em!

T

rei is a little more expensive than ordering direct from the manufacturer ...try
http://www.bisondesigns.com/catalog/water_accessories_282497_products.htm
and scroll down to the fun designs

update: if you order from rei and pick it up at a store, no shipping charge. If you order from bison designs and the order is greater than $50, no shipping charge. Otherwise, its about a wash since Bison charges a dollar more for shipping and REI charges 99 cents more for each item. The nod goes to rei since at the end of the year they have their rebate. whew...a need a big drink from one of these bottles now.

[ Edited by: tewa-tiki on 2004-08-05 22:25 ]

[ Edited by: tewa-tiki on 2004-08-08 11:04 ]

T

for all you hikers and otherwise fitness fanatics:

they may not be 'collectable' but they are cool

[ Edited by: TikiMel on 2004-09-08 12:19 ]

T

Saw this cool Tiki Lexan Water Bottle at the REI online store:

Link

And here's the Moai version!

T

woops... sorry for the duplicate post, Hanford

L
laney posted on Wed, Sep 8, 2004 6:22 PM

My sis picked one up for me as a gift. I just got back from our yearly visit to her on the east coast. The water bottle got me through a huge corn maze on the hottest day and carried cold margaritas to the beach at Martha's Vineyard. Thanks tiki you saved me!

I have a tiki water bottle from Target.

M

So who the hell is [email protected] who just spammed my personal email with the REI link?

K

I purchased 4 of the REI water bottles and 2 of the Target ones. I like the REI bottles best. A couple of my office-mates (who think I'm that crazy tiki-woman) liked mine and bought their own. Imagine my confusion when I opened the fridge in the lunchroom and was baffled as to how my purple moai got in there! I coulda swore it was on my desk just minutes ago......?????

Spreading tiki around 1 person at a time....

[ Edited by: Kalikiana on 2004-09-09 20:43 ]

On 2004-09-09 20:42, Kalikiana wrote:

I purchased 4 of the REI water bottles and 2 of the Target ones.. . A couple of my office-mates (who think I'm that crazy tiki-woman) liked mine and bought their own. . .

Spreading tiki around 1 person at a time....

Way to spread the tiki love!

Pages: 1 18 replies