Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

"The TIKI Show" Art now online!

Pages: 1 12 replies

The first one of the guy in the Mexican wrestling mask holding a tiki and looking mysterious is oddly alluring.

T

Lots of great stuff here, but that Paul Neilson/Munktiki gold tiki bowl on the third page is superb! Of course, it was snapped up quickly. Who's the lucky buyer?

http://shootinggallerysf.com/Artists/GroupTiki2004/Pages/TK1_136_SinglePage.htm

[ Edited by: thejab on 2004-09-09 11:49 ]

I would have, if I had known about it.
Jab! Are you gonna go?

Thanks for the post. It's always neat to see all the inventive things that people can do with the tiki theme, "outside the box" so to speak. Very cool.

M

The piece "Marcia Tamähine" made me spit up my milk. Hysterical.

I really like Mitch O'Connell's piece...great stuff!

F
foamy posted on Fri, Sep 10, 2004 7:44 AM

Wow. Good things there. James K. Wong's Tiki-rama, USA is one that interests me in particular. All the TC'ers pieces are great! Lots and lots of talent out there.

[ Edited by: foamy on 2004-09-10 07:47 ]

I really would have liked to see artists like Glenn Barr or Joe Sorren take part, too...

On 2004-09-12 11:46, Thorsten Hasenkamm wrote:
I really would have liked to see artists like Glenn Barr or Joe Sorren take part, too...

\
I wasn't going to say anything, but this is truly a great show of tiki art, but it would definitely not rival a Tiki Central art party!

How do you mean this? Like if it was a show consisting ONLY of Tiki Centralists it would be better than THIS show?

http://www.hasenkamm.de

[ Edited by: Thorsten Hasenkamm on 2004-09-15 13:23 ]

No not really "better".
I guess I meant to say more fun, being that we would know every TC artist personally. That's all.
I'm going to the show and I know it's going to be great. Are you going Thorsten? It would be great to meet you.

Well, I planned to go there but other "vacation plans" (I'll be on the beautiful isle of Fuerteventura for 10 days from Saturday :wink: ) hold me from being there :wink: ...maybe next time...

Pages: 1 12 replies