Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Preston Smith performing at Purple Orchid Sat. Sept. 11

Pages: 1 2 replies

Preston Smith is a terrific performer with a huge musical range and we are delighted to have him at Purple Orchid Exotic Tiki Lounge on Saturday, September 11th at 10pm.

Preston will be joined by two fantastic players on stand-up bass and drums. I saw them a coule of weeks ago in a club in Burbank and they were mind-boggling in their ability to move from one musical genre to another throughout the night. A great show for a measly $5 cover.

Dave

OL

Krustiki and I have been big fans of Preston Smith for several years. He has a very unique sound, and plays original songs as well as classics like "Mack the Knife". We already have plans to be in Huntington Beach that night, or we would love to be there.

Preston Smith was a regular around Pasadena with his band The Crocadiles in the 80's. He put out a self titled lp on Curb records in 1990 and has had a couple of hard to find indie cds. The last one I found is "Romancing The Blues" from 1999. There are a couple of straight blues tracks and a very Jeff Beck-like "Goodbye Pork Pie Hat", most of the cd is laid back lounge type blues (Jeepers Creepers, Makin Whoopee, Wonderful World). Should be a great show at a great place.

Pages: 1 2 replies