Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Tiki on the Newsstand

Pages: 1 4 replies

H

Picked up my favorite magazine, Budget Travel, at the airport today, and to my great pleasure, there was a wee Tangaroa hiding in the corner on the cover. There's an article about travelling to Tahiti on the cheap, didn't get a chance to read it before I gave the magazine to the lady next to me who didn't have anything to read. Mostly I was excited just to see the Tangaroa. He looked a bit like the handpainted version of Gecko's new mug (only without the hollow-y goodness).

On 2004-09-09 17:06, Humuhumu wrote:
Picked up my favorite magazine, Budget Travel, at the airport today, and to my great pleasure, there was a wee Tangaroa hiding in the corner on the cover. There's an article about travelling to Tahiti on the cheap, didn't get a chance to read it before I gave the magazine to the lady next to me who didn't have anything to read. Mostly I was excited just to see the Tangaroa. He looked a bit like the handpainted version of Gecko's new mug (only without the hollow-y goodness).

Cool, I subscribe to that, I can't wait to get it in the mail.

On 2004-09-09 17:06, Humuhumu wrote:

Picked up my favorite magazine, Budget Travel, at the airport today, and to my great pleasure, there was a wee Tangaroa hiding in the corner on the cover. There's an article about travelling to Tahiti on the cheap,
/quote]

Thanks for the tip - a tiki cover on the cover is a beautiful thing. I will have to get a copy.

I don't know how much longer I'll be able to resist the siren call of "the Tiki Village" in Moorea.

Stop over during the dream vacation to Easter Island (if & when it ever happens).

I can not find this magazine anywhere. Must be a hot seller.
Also, watch out for the food at Tiki Village. Its not the best in the world.

I finally found the magazine and the article is pretty good. Tahiti can be visited on the cheap and it offers a great way to see the culture and interact with the Tahitians. SOme of the Pensions in the article are very nice and a great bargain. Its worth going to Tahiti at least once in your life.

Pages: 1 4 replies