Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

Home depot wall tikis unjustly framed!

Pages: 1 12 replies

Got bored again and decided to see how hard tapa and bamboo is to work with.For the price, I am happy.I blame you all for this affliction!!.

Hey 2w-

Got your message over the weekend. Looks like you did well. Score!

p.s. yes, had to take Sunday off to prepare for Tuesday.

Keep on bike'in!

Yo Ben, what stain gives that cool color(kinda yellow) you get out of your bamboo?.

B

Looks Good! But I'm most impressed with the Tiki Pants!

Those look quite nicly finished. Well Done!
I wish they had those at the my Home Depot.

TM

Looks great! Which Home Depot has those?

the home depot that had these was in hawthorne cal. I heard they had them in simi valley also.Check the posts regarding these in the "search" area of T.C.. One of the posts has the mfgr. info there. They were $37.50 each, the mfgr gets $40.00 plus shipping.They are solid heavy wood, good stuff for the outside or cheezy projects. For REAL carvings, see tiki diablo or gecko or any of the GREAT carvers in our midst.

Oh, the "tiki pants " are the wifes!.

Holy moly! This is what you do when you're "bored"??? I can only imagine what great things you create when you're not bored. That is awesome!!!!

Go atomichick!!, you put a big smile on my face, thank you.This is just fun stuff to do....once you get it figured out!!.

W
wushu posted on Tue, Sep 14, 2004 4:45 AM

Those look sweet man, awesome work, I have had a devil of a time working with bamboo.

hey wushu, what problems have you had?, maybe I can help....

I just found a crate of these at the Home Depot in Sylmar. Across the street at Pet Supreme, one can find Moai pieces for an aquarium. Who knew there was tiki, besides my home, in Sylmar?

Pages: 1 12 replies