Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

Portland B-Day Party 9/18

Pages: 1 16 replies

Aloha,

I'm celebrating my 40th birthday on Saturday, September 18th with the christening of our new basement Tiki Bar, the Babu Room. Lots of booze, music and, uh...booze! I'm turning 40 for chrisakes! See info below...Please RSVP if you want to join us.

--David (aka kingslod)

[ Edited by: kingslod on 2004-09-14 12:15 ]

best wishes for a very happy birthday! we'll raise a mug to you, at our little party in seattle!

elicia

ps: cool invite: what software and clipart do you use?

K

On 2004-09-14 12:31, dogbytes wrote:
best wishes for a very happy birthday! we'll raise a mug to you, at our little party in seattle!
elicia
ps: cool invite: what software and clipart do you use?

Thanks! There are sooo many things happening that night. Oh, well...we'll give you a toast back from Portland!

The software is Adobe Illustrator and the mug image was black and white art from the House Industries Tiki fonts collection that I colorized. Thanks again!

Kingslod,
Sounds great. I'll be looking forward to the Babu Room's grand opening and lifting a few with you all again.

K

Mr. Tikibar! Long time, no see...Lookin' forward to Saturday. From 5-7 there will be a lot of kids about. The bar is still just in phase one. Nowhere near your bar in terms of size or detail. But, it's a start. (No other TC'ers besides Gem and her husband Mark are coming that I know of.)

Aloha!

[ Edited by: kingslod on 2004-09-16 15:24 ]

K
Kim posted on Fri, Sep 17, 2004 5:24 PM

Oh jeez! I just happened to breeze through and notice this! Kingslod, I'll have to ask Tikitronic & the other TCers at Baron Von Goolo's if we're likely to be free in time to show up-- I'll get back to you!

K
Kim posted on Fri, Sep 17, 2004 9:33 PM

OK, Tikitronic & I will definitely be there (though I would guess that we won't arrive before 7pm)!

He's checking with the rest of the folks tonight, so I'll leave it to them to RSVP.

We're definately in if its not too late!

I believe Madam Pele and I will be able to join you. It'll be good to see everybody again!

Hau'oli La Hanau to Kingslod and everyone who also has a Birthday Celebration today!

Kingslod - great party! Thanks for extending the invitation. We had a terrific time, even if your "normal" friends thought the Tiki Central crowd was a little eccentric...

Sorry I missed Mr. Tiki Bar, and it was a shame that the Sparklegem family couldn't make it. Seeing everybody has inspired me to re-activate the NWTC happy hour. We'll do one in November, after Halloween is over oand done with.

Thanks again!

K

TikiMaxton and Madame Pele! Thank you for coming, and thanks for the lovely gift! I agree w/you: NWTC Happy Hour...Re-activate! And I will definitely come visit the Haunted House! And I heard something about poker?

Mr. TikiBar, thank you kindly for your presence and present to the Tiki Bar gods. Sailor Jerry's! Tikitronic and Kim thank you so much for joining us and helping me on my quest to get completely smashed. Dr. Tongue (Maori Man?), "Thank you--thank you very much" for the Elvis tiki toy. Hail to the King, baby!

Fortunately, or unfortunately I have some pretty funny pcitures of my downward spiral into oblivion. After all those random drinks, and four 151 shots, I kinda blacked-out. Strange. If I get over the embarrassment, maybe I'll post 'em.

To all, sorry I was makin' those nasty drinks so damn strong!

--Slod, aka David (officially over the hill)

[ Edited by: kingslod on 2004-09-21 17:28 ]

K

On 2004-09-18 12:25, DawnTiki wrote:
Hau'oli La Hanau to Kingslod and everyone who also has a Birthday Celebration today

Mahalo!!!!

Kingslod,
Yeah, 151 shots have been known to lead to
a few lost memories. My son-in-law and I had to bail early because of earlier drinking and weird behavior. (Ours not yours.) Sounds like
we would have fit right in later on, but we escaped big-time hangovers. Thanks again for your hospitality. Love the Babu Room. I wear my Babu Room button with pride.

K

We've got fridge magnets, too. Hope you got one! We have this old saying, "six bottles of sake make you pretty slippery." I was so slippery that I slid right to the floor and never got up. :wink:

On 2004-09-21 17:06, mrtikibar wrote:
Kingslod,
Yeah, 151 shots have been known to lead to
a few lost memories. My son-in-law and I had to bail early because of earlier drinking and weird behavior. (Ours not yours.) Sounds like
we would have fit right in later on, but we escaped big-time hangovers. Thanks again for your hospitality. Love the Babu Room. I wear my Babu Room button with pride.

Kingslod,

Hope you get over the embarrassment enough to post some pictures. Would love to see how you Oregon folks celebrate tiki up there. Happy belated birthday, by the way.

Sabu

Pages: 1 16 replies