Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

Cool retro bar items

Pages: 1 5 replies

I just started setting up a tiki bar, and decided to extend the retro tiki vibe by purchasing vintage retro bar items. I was able to find some great stuff on ebay at good prices. I believe they all are from the 50s or 60s:

A vintage Oster blender:

Ice crusher:

Ice bucket:

Art Deco Citrus Juicer:

I paid a lot less for these items than I would have if I had gotten new ones. They work great.

[ Edited by: Urban Tiki on 2004-09-11 08:54 ]

All very cool -- but take another look at that ice bucket.

I had one similiar to that -- your pix was a little too small for me to make sure -- and it turned out NOT to be stainless steel or aluminum .... in fact it tended to rust up very quickly (truly bizarre for an ice bucket) and eventually had to retire it.

Really like the blender.

A

You posted the thumbnail. Open the pic before you copy the url.

A vintage Oster blender:

Ice crusher:

Ice bucket:

Art Deco Citrus Juicer:

Mahalo,
Al

Yes -- yes! That is the EXACT ice bucket I once had! Lovely because of the penguins (a theme in my bar) but the s.o.b. RUSTS like an s.o.b.! Watch it carefully! Wipe down often! I wasn't careful with mine and now it lives on the island of unloved toys.

Urbantiki,I do believe I can Frank Sinatra's "Songs for Swinging Lovers" in the background of those photos-the ringadingding is ringing out loud and clear!

We have that ice crusher!! It works great, but only when you're making one or two drinks - if you've got a party going.... forget it! Another one to keep dry, though. Fun to use, makes lots of noise :)

Pages: 1 5 replies