Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

Anybody here a Beatles collectible LP officionado??

Pages: 1 0 replies

D

Here's the deal: I just picked up a first pressing, 1967 MONO copy of 'Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band' on the Parlophone Label (British release) at a my neighborhood flea market at a dirt cheap price. Through my research all of the markings and serial numbers indicate that this is in fact a Mono 1st pressing. I gave it a listen too, and it is definitely Mono.

Here's the thing though, the LP is in a sleeve from that same Parlophone pressing, but it indicates that the record is in STEREO. I've tried to research this on the web to see if there is any documented history on this sort of foul-up (Mono pressing in a Stereo sleeve) but I haven't run across any information like that. So I'm trying to figure out, was this a manufacturing mistake, or did this Mono LP somehow end up in a Stereo sleeve somewhere during it's 37 years on the planet.

Any of you fellow Tikiphiles know anything about this? Maybe you have some obsessive Beatles friends that may know. If anybody has any info on this please let me know. Much appreciated.

Aloha. :drink:

[ Edited by: donhonyc on 2004-09-11 16:02 ]

Pages: 1 0 replies