Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

burned CD's in my chrysler

Pages: 1 13 replies

Any idea why CDs that I burn wont work in my Chrysler stereo? I've tried to make discs in a zillion different types of files, but they just don't work. Even if I copy a store-bought CD as an exact copy, bit for bit, it doesn't work.

Any ideas?

no idea, i've encountered it, but then sometimes i burn it again form original source, and it works fine...

Might not be the Chrysler, but I can't offer any explanation, only sympathy.
TG
http://www.exotic-tiki-gardens.com

I think some CD players are only made to play original CD's. I know it sounds wierd but I had a SONY cd player that would not play burned CD's. That is why some players say CD-R compatable on their packaging. Trust me you are not the only person that is having this problem. Have you tried playing your burned CD's on any other players? If so, and they work, maybe you might have to get a new car stereo. If you do make sure you get one that is CD-R compatable.

Are they .mp3 files or .aiff files? Might make a diff if you convert files to .aiff .....

But it does seem like some older CD players won't play burned CDs.

T

Make sure your CD burning software is configured to Finalize the CD, not just Finalize each session. I can't understand why CD copys won't play on your stereo, but you may want to check this setting.

On 2004-09-13 11:47, Satan's Sin wrote:
Are they .mp3 files or .aiff files? Might make a diff if you convert files to .aiff .....

But it does seem like some older CD players won't play burned CDs.

I'm using Nero Express to burn the CDs. When burning music, it converts everything to Audio CD Files. I don't know if that's the same thing as an .aiff file or not. If not, how could I convert them? It's not really an old player. I think the car is a '97.

Look at the music files on your computer. Are they .mp3 or .aiff?

If .mp3, go the web and search for "pecker drop decoder" (for Mac "mpecker drop decoder"). When you install on your computer, it'll look sort of like a pepper mill. Drag the .mp3 file to the decoder icon and drop. It will turn it into an .aiff file. Burn that file(s) and then try it.

Aloha,

Some older players are not able to read CD-R's. Someone told me that CD-R's require a finer point of focus for the laser.

I've also heard people mention that their older players will play certain brands of CD-R but not others - my first shot would be to try some different makes of CD-R and see if your player has preferences.

Good luck!

On 2004-09-13 12:29, Satan's Sin wrote:
Look at the music files on your computer. Are they .mp3 or .aiff?

If .mp3, go the web and search for "pecker drop decoder" (for Mac "mpecker drop decoder"). When you install on your computer, it'll look sort of like a pepper mill. Drag the .mp3 file to the decoder icon and drop. It will turn it into an .aiff file. Burn that file(s) and then try it.

most are either mp3 or windows media audio files.

i tried to find the pecker drop decoder, but could only find the mac version. any suggestions on another mp3 decoder?

T

On 2004-09-13 12:25, finkdaddy wrote:
I'm using Nero Express to burn the CDs. When burning music, it converts everything to Audio CD Files.

Than it should work fine, unless you're not finalizing the CDs. Did you check that?

Also, you can buy special music CD-Rs that should work in players that won't read computer CD-Rs.

On 2004-09-13 12:59, thejab wrote:

On 2004-09-13 12:25, finkdaddy wrote:
I'm using Nero Express to burn the CDs. When burning music, it converts everything to Audio CD Files.

Than it should work fine, unless you're not finalizing the CDs. Did you check that?

Also, you can buy special music CD-Rs that should work in players that won't read computer CD-Rs.

yeah, it's finalizing so I don't know what the deal is. Maybe I'll try a different cdr. You say there are specific music ones? I'll give those a try.

Mahalo to all for the advice.

try this site to convert to .aiff:

http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/16284&vid=59528

I have a Mac; I assumed it would just be "pecker" drop decoder for PC; turns out it's a different name entirely, but the idea is to convert your .mp3s to .aiff and see if that works. Good luck!

I know that gmc says if you try to play burned cd in a not cd-r compatible head unit and there is a problem later, they wont warranty it. I was told cdr's are slightly thicker and for some reason the laser cant pick up the info. Not sure if thats true or not. Our old dvd wouldnt play burned music cds and the guide says not to play them or damage could result.

too bad about the cd's not working in
your wheels, finkdaddy...i could give
you a great deal on a new car...come
up and see me sometime....we'll negotiate
over a few mai tai's or margaritas!

Pages: 1 13 replies