okay...a cheap-shot subject line to
attract viewers...any nfl fans out there
who are excited about the new season?
root for the Packers tonight for a free
drink at the Conga-Tiki Room in Antigo
Wisconsin! Don't the cheeze heads kinda
look like the dudes from easter island?

T

at least we will not have to hear anymore about "4th and whatever" GO PACK GO!!

I'm strictly a Steelers fan.
although I dated a guy, briefly, who would cry every time the Packers lost a game. That's dedication! (or something...)

Sorry congatiki - Can't help you out with cheering for the Pack. I'm a tried & true 49er fan (even though it looks like my season could already be over).

24-14 Pack! Now that's what I'm talkin' about!!

Carolina won what title now?

Maybe we could some sort of TC Pro-Bowl vacation or something? Sure, like I could afford that!

One of the good things about being a Giants fan (looks like it may be the only good thing this year) is that you really are a tiki football fan- Tiki Barber had a pretty good game on Sunday (I even have him in my fantasy league).

D

Go Bears!Well,we hope they go somewhere besides to the bottom of the division.

TB

Ok dont laugh, but I'm a San Diego Charger Fan...

ok now you can laugh.

K
Kono posted on Tue, Sep 14, 2004 5:04 PM

Bucs fan here!

We're off to a rough start. But at least I got my Super Bowl Championship DVD to keep me from getting too glum. :)

What?!? There's another sport out there besides baseball??

:D

--cindy, still following the A's

T

[ Edited by: TNTiki on 2004-11-06 15:19 ]

I admit the College players change all the time and move on to the pros (or cell blocks) but at least in college football, (and with the Packers)yer rootin' for something that's part of the community, not somthing that's simply a themed franchise.

The University of Hawaii in the past few years has gone full theme. They were the Rainbow Warriors, but dropped the Rainbow (symbol of gay pride?) and are now just "The Warriors".

They have livened up the side show by employing an biggish pacific islander to drum and scream, and husk coconuts with his teeth (and spit)

They are often featured on ESPN Thursday nights vs other WAC teams.

It's not New Zealand Rugby, but it's close.

Here we go Steelers here we go....

bucs and chiefs fanatic here, both not lookin so hot in their season openers, if i could just combine my teams with the chiefs offense and bucs defense.......

Tiki Marx Brothers Football

Coach bet on other team

Signals!

Up the middle

I

For those of you going to Hukilau, the NFL game happening that Sunday (and filling up the hotels) is the Steelers playing the Dolphins.

Vern

T

I may have to jump aboard the NFL bandwagon as the dreaded NHL lockout has become a reality. Kind of makes me mad ya know, I know all sports fans look forward to a new season, and to have it disappear before your eyes is depressing. If it lasts a year, a lot of All star players near retirement may not come back after nearly two years off. Well I guess I'll have to walk down the street from the Joe Lewis Arena (Hope of the Detroit Red Wings) and take a seat in Ford Field. GO LIONS!!! Hey, what are you laughing at, we finally got that road win monkey off our back. He was more like a gorilla really. Oh well, better than sitting in an empty Hockey Arena.

hey tikilee....feels good to have a lions
road win huh? just to let you know that
in packerland we always root against the
bears...and we still like Mooch from his
years in GB.

D

Tikilee-glad to have helped you guys get a road win-anything else the Bears can help out with?

T

Sure Doc, just let the Pack have the win, because I think it could be an ugly game for the Bears coming up.

D

Um,Tikitoa,what was that last comment again? Go Bears!

was ugly.......for the packers....lol!!

D

H.B.-do you LOVIE IT? Pretty quiet out there in Cheeseland.

T

Ugly was the word for that game as far as the Pack went, I was very impressed with the running of the Bears by Thomas. So here I be eating crow. :)

B

I think the dolphins are going for a first round draft pick and a new coach and new General Manager and a new team. By the time they get their sh**t straight the good players will be old and worn out. Never seen a team make so many wrong decisions in one off season.

K
Kono posted on Sun, Sep 19, 2004 9:03 PM

On 2004-09-19 20:06, Tiki-Toa wrote:
Ugly was the word for that game as far as the Pack went, I was very impressed with the running of the Bears by Thomas.

Ugh. Guess what team just let Thomas go without even trying to sign him. :x We need a vomit icon (and a rolleyes icon now that I think about it).

Ninerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrs.

Good, bad or ugly -- they're my team.

All hail the freaky tiki!

[ Edited by: CruzinTiki on 2004-09-19 22:00 ]

kono, i feel ya, the bucs are my boys, but they and my afc team the chiefs both have looked pathetic thus far this year......grew up in a house of bears season ticket holders though, so the pack hatred still burns........although i got loads of respect for farvre and co.....

D

Benzart-I feel for you-we had Wannie for five lousy years-geez,you'd think if someone couldn't succeed in one place,you wouldn't get a chance somewhere else.Of course,there was the Ricky Williams problem...

Pretty quiet out there in Cheeseland.

arrr :(

T

Lions!!!!!!!! 2-0 Baby. Maybe Leno will leave us alone now. Oh wait, we still have the Tigers. Damn!!!

Ya know it is going to be a bad year as a Packer fan when..............
#1 the Lions have better record to start
#2 they lose at home to da Bears

to be continued....

the packers are one of the great jeckyl-hyde
mysteries of the nfl...the never really
know which team is going to show up.
as much as i love em....i bet the
ugly team shows up in indy next week.
but thank the tiki gods it's a long season.

On 2004-09-19 20:52, Benzart wrote:
I think the dolphins are going for a first round draft pick and a new coach and new General Manager and a new team. By the time they get their sh**t straight the good players will be old and worn out. Never seen a team make so many wrong decisions in one off season.

Been a Dolphin fan since 1970 when they had a triple overtime win against K.C. Those were some good days, back with Bradshaw, Staubach, Stabler, Greise, Tarkenton, Gabriel...etal...I always hope for a reincarnation of Larry Csonka. I think this is going to be one of those "rebuilding" years! Anyway, I'll end with the normal..."The Jets suck!!"

I was a Patriots fan when I lived in the US. Are they any good these days?

Arf arf..

Trader Woody

The Patriots are about as good as it gets
in football...not the most flashy team
but they know how to win! It's a sad
week in cheeseland after losing to the
Bears...but the sting is starting to
wear off! It's a good thing I ordered
a print by EsQui.....mugs from Holden and
a Tiki on Ebay....at gives me something
to live for!

T

The Lambeau jinx got the Bears player though who ran back the stripped ball from Green, I think I read he is out for the season. Too bad,I hate to see anyone be hurt and not be able to be a part of something.

D

Tikitoa,it was Mike Brown who was injured,and we will miss him BIGTIME!He's an amazing player-in the 2000 season,twice in two weeks,he got an interception in overtime that won us the games.You're right,you don't want to see anyone hurt.

Tiki Barber -- what a name!

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/1782

bamboo dude, i hear ya about csonka, he was my favorite player of all time....

M

Conga I still like you even though you like the team that ended the short era of The Rams. That field goal broke my heart:-(
My poor old team is in there with the dolphins and cardinals this year. Good thing for fantasy football but why O why did I take TJ Ducket over Tiki Barber I'll never know!

K

I'm such a huge Seahwaks fan it's almost not funny. And I've never even been to Seattle, nor do I have any ties to it besides the fact that I want to go to graduate school at UW. 3-0. Not a bad start, by any means.

Pages: 1 41 replies