Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

hukilau: who's going?

Pages: 1 2 79 replies

Some info from WeirdUncleTiki's vist to Florida
https://tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=504&forum=1

Unless it has reopened, Curry's Steakhouse has closed!

M

A good friend of mine (who seems to be to shy to ask this) likes Appleton White ....
THANKS, Pablus got a few bottles for her?? --thanks, bruce

Have a nice Tiki Day!

[ Edited by: mrsmiley on 2004-09-22 13:16 ]

Tweedtone & wahine plus the rest of The Vodkanauts (sans our singer) will be there.

See you at the show Friday night!

Staying at the Mar, second show at the Mai Kai.

I am a local. I will be there on Friday afternoon and evening for the party and saturday, I will be at the Mai Kai. I am bringing my wife, parents, and grandmother to the party on friday night. Saturday at the Mai Kai is also my wahine's birthday, so you all have to be nice to her. I really look forward to meeting everyone, I have made alot of friends on TC. See y'all next week!

Aaron Cline

YEEEEEE-HAAAAAAW!

I am SOOOOO deserving of this trip, baybeeeeees!!!! Y'all just don't KNOW!!

I'm a Bahia Cabana Party Girl this time. (That was a no-brainer. It's cheap. It's loud. Just like m- no, wait!! I mean, "Yep, that's where I'm staying!"

Swanky, y'all's system doesn't show the guests in the rooms. E.g., I'm staying with Kilikopela and his wahine, but only his name shows on your list, as he made the reservation. I wish we could amend that (I'd love to see a true, complete list).

Again, this is going to be, barring Tropical Storm Jeanne upgrading to a hurricane and f***ing up our time, the best weekend of this year for me! See y'all soon!

Hey Formica!

We just have it listed as the name the room is booked under. Swanky might have a list with everyone.

Can't wait to see you!

S

Uh, yeah, I could do that, but that would be a lot of f*&%in work here on Friday...

I was wondering Miss Formica. I was not sure you were making the scene.

I want to be the first to announce the Room 135 for Hukilau. No, not actually room 135. But our gracious hosts, in conjunction with Hukilau 2004 present the new 135, the dock-side penthouse. Ohana only! We worked out a secret back room deal to put the bestest hosts in there to have a special TC Ohana luau room. That's where there is a nice fridge with ice maker, and kitchen, deck, meeting room, etc. for the ohana to gather. No NFL people please!

Kiliki and I put this together and the gracious 135 hosts agreed. Cybertiki, Pablus and the others who are bringing their full bars, etc. will make this HQ.

ARRRR! as some sick bastard would say...and the bastardette...

T

Oh that is so sweet to hear!! East Coast Rm.#135!! I think we need to see if we cannot rev it up big time.

S

Mike (who still doesn't have a tiki name, and I need the Ohana's help to figure it out!) and I will be staying at the Mar.

We'll be bringing along two of our non-Tiki Centralite friends to initiate them into the tribe.

And ... Shecky #60 will be joining us!

P

Kiliki - can you believe it?

I got 2 bottles of Appleton's White tonight.

See you in a few days.

"sssssmoooch"

H

Inky Louise & I are rooming together in the Bahia Cabana. If last year is any indication, the two of us are going to be absolute terrors.

Can't wait to see you all there!

Myself with a few friends in tow. Let see how they fare. :wink: I'm local and WILL be there.

Now that I've said that, lets see what the weather does to jinks it all.

I

I will be there .... after making it to the first two Hukilaus, how could I miss the third? (Thanks Kiliki and Swanky!)

My reservation is the Bahia Mar. There will be a battle between my ever-growing older body's need for sleep, versus the call of the rum. Nowadays here in Virginia, this battle often ends in a draw, but with the presence of my favorite tiki friends and the warmer tropical weather, I'm expecting that the late night rum will emerge this time as the victor.

Vern

S

Vern: That's the spirit(s)!

I'm alittle confused on the room 135 happening . Is this an open luau for all hukilau folks ? If so that's fantastic I'll be looking forward to hanging and taste testing anyones mai tai who needs some reassuring on their mixing skills. Plus if anyone cares my lovely wife's b-day is friday the 24th so this whole event is special to us no matter what .. look forward to meeting as many of you as we possibly can. 4 more days !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

B

Me and Mrs Benzart,Sherry will be there. Storm Battered but there. Can't wait to meet everyone. Wwe will arrive Friday morning

Thanks Pablus!! Can't wait to see you and everyone there! This will be a year for us all to remember!

If anyone should need to get in touch with us after today we will have limited access to email. Both Swanky and I are at the Bahia Mar - our given names are Christie White and Tim Glazner. Those of you who have my cell number are most welcome to call me.

This is it! Swanky leaves today and I tomorrow! Get ready!

Marian and I are headed south Thursday morning and thought we would stop in Jensen Beach at Frances Langford's old Outrigger Restaurant for lunch around noon. I called this morning and they said they came through the Hurricane Frances okay, and are open for business.
If you haven't been and are coming down I-95, you might want to check it out. The restaurant is now called the Dolphin Bar and Shrimp House, but it still has a fair amount of memorabilia from the old Polynesian restaurant days, and has killer views from both bars and the outside lanai.
Here's the address:
DOLPHIN BAR & SHRIMP HOUSE. 1401 NE INDIAN RIVER DR. JENSEN BEACH, FL

Here are a few photos. Sorry they are so large. Maybe a moderator can fix these so they don't scare the hell out of everyone.

[ Edited by: Kailuageoff on 2004-09-20 09:23 ]

[ Edited by: Kailuageoff on 2004-09-20 09:25 ]

I am going! How can I not? I just moved to Ft Lauderdale about 3 days ago, and my new home is about 8 minutes away from the Mai Kai! WHOOHOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Lenore :)

On 2004-09-19 01:47, ikitnrev wrote:

My reservation is the Bahia Mar. There will be a battle between my ever-growing older body's need for sleep, versus the call of the rum. Vern

The Powers that be decided that Mr Smiley needed to stay at the Bahia Mar to balance out the "cool" factor between the two places. Glas to see the ever cool Vern will be a "neighbor"!

CA

!!!!!!!!!!!!Just in time for the Holidays!!!!!!!!!!!!
IT IS HERE!!!!
And I'll be there!!!
but only till Sat morning.... rats!
So... if you want one of these...

Crazy AL Tiki#13 "Keeper of the Charm"
limited edition of 250 ceramic Tiki Farm MUG!!!!
http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=10944&forum=5&7
$35 with out paying shipping...
I'm bringing a box of 15 with me!
the first 15 folks to email me will get these mugs
I'm not vending so if there is soming on my sight you want i'll bring it with me
you will have to email me before Wed. AM!

other orders will be shipped after the Hukilau in FL, two weeks
Thanks!
STAY TIKI !!
[email protected]

[ Edited by: crazy al on 2004-09-20 12:50 ]

I'll be there with a bunch of drunken sailors! (tee hee!)

On 2004-09-21 00:21, Mermadia wrote:

I'll be there with my drunken sailor!

[ Edited by: Tikiwahine on 2004-09-21 13:23 ]

On 2004-09-21 13:22, Tikiwahine wrote:

On 2004-09-21 00:21, Mermadia wrote:

I am a drunk sailor.

I'll be there with my drunken sailor!

[ Edited by: Tikiwahine on 2004-09-21 13:23 ]

this sucks - I should be there! I'm sad now.
Holden

[ Edited by: smogbreather on 2004-09-22 22:38 ]

Talk about Sad...
My father-inlaw, who bravely flew 35 missions over Nazi Germany as captain of a B-17 crew (and yes, he dropped a few bombs along the way), passed away yesterday. Susan and I, alas, will not be attending Hukilau as planned.

It is now up to the rest of you guys to Have Fun enough for Both of Us and Tom Hammond, too! Can't Wait to See the Pictures!

[ Edited by: Traitor Vic on 2004-09-23 00:03 ]

Hukilauers.....I MISS YOU AAAAAAAALLLLL! WAAAAAHH! (sniff, gulp)

B

We're gonna miss you too Big bro. I was looking forward to finally meeting you. With this Hurricane, I may have a Short stay anyway.
We'll catch up with you sometime. Meantime enjoy yourself over there.

I'm not gonna make it... but this guy is...

We just shipped 35 lbs. of Mai Kai Mystery Bowls overnight air (i.e. 5 each)! Just in time for the Hukilau... enjoy! We are not sure what the ultimate glaze color will be - it might be this but I think we're going to go for the original hues but for now, we're gonna run another 95 in this glaze and think about future variations.
Mahaloz,
Holden

[ Edited by: smogbreather on 2004-09-23 15:20 ]

Wow! The rebirth of the Mystery Bowl! Never thought I'd see that day when I did the book!
Thanks for this and the many more Tiki vessel resurrections, Holden!

Halo Sven,
Und... ich danke dich Sven fur deinen freundschaft und viel mehr, besonders als der Konig (no umlaubs on my typewriter) von Tiki!! Du bist einer meiner beste freunde der Welt - ich vermisse dich und ich wunsche dir alles gut!
Vielen Dank,
Holden
...in Ulm um Ulm und um Ulm herum!
und... Fischer's Fritz... ah, come on back soon man!

btw for the TC'ers... I studied German for about "I forget" years and lived over there for 2 years. It was a blast - nadda lotta tikis but GREAT beer! I'm done... no more german ever again here from me on TC.

[ Edited by: smogbreather on 2004-09-24 22:34 ]

Pages: 1 2 79 replies